Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Questions about the grading vouchers you receive for getting to 75% on a set in the registry

nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
When you go over 75% in your registry set:

1) What is the formula used to figure out how many free grading vouchers you will receive?
2) Do those free grading vouchers have to be used on the set which got them for you?
3) Can you use the free grading vouchers if your membership is currently expired?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• Options
    All you gotta do is type "free voucher" in the search box.

Giovanni
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When you go over 75% in your registry set:

1) What is the formula used to figure out how many free grading vouchers you will receive?
    2) Do those free grading vouchers have to be used on the set which got them for you?
    3) Can you use the free grading vouchers if your membership is currently expired?

Thanks in advance for any info. >>

1.For card and ticket sets:

If the set composition is 1-50 cards and tickets you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 51-150 cards and tickets you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 151-300 cards and tickets you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 301+ cards and tickets you are entitled to 5 free gradings.

2. yes
    3. not sure
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    anyone know how this works for sets that have to be PSA/DNA'd?? like my 96 or 97 Laserview Inscriptions Auto Card set??
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

Nick, yes you can use your grading vouchers anytime unless there is a expiration date on the submission voucher that they sent to you. (I have no expiration date on mine.)
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options
    Do they just send you these vouchers or do you need to request them?

Thanks
    Lenny
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you do need to request them, they come to you all filled out, exceptt for the specific card/cards you are using it for,
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    Thanks hankcaddy and relaxed. I appreciate the info.

Gio, when your IQ hits 40.....sell. If you don't understand that insult, just have any 4th grader explain it to you.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks hankcaddy and relaxed. I appreciate the info.

Gio, when your IQ hits 40.....sell. If you don't understand that insult, just have any 4th grader explain it to you. >>

Your just mad because I told you to do the research yourself instead of making everybody else do your homework.

BTW, for those of you who don't know, i'm just giving him the same BS he tries to give me on my threads.

Giovanni
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have to put in a request again. I tried about 6 months ago to get my free vouchers but never heard back.
  • Options
    Thank you hankcaddy and all. I didn't know about this.

Regards,
    Lenny
  • Options

<< <i>Your just mad because I told you to do the research yourself instead of making everybody else do your homework.

BTW, for those of you who don't know, i'm just giving him the same BS he tries to give me on my threads.

Giovanni >>

There is just no substitute for a quality education.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Your just mad because I told you to do the research yourself instead of making everybody else do your homework.

Giovanni >>

There is just no substitute for a quality education. >>

I agree with you on that one!

So is that why you didn't learn how to do research on your own?

Are you saying its because you didn't get enough education?

Giovanni
  • Options
    I had my five free vouchers logged on March 28. Any one have any clue as to when it may pop? I was hoping it wouldnt take a month, but now I am hoping it isnt going to take two months.....
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    If your collecting a large set you might want to consider putting in set requests for each team in the set.
    It's a good way to get vouchers for something you already have.
    I did it for the '69 basketball set and the '77 football set.
  • Options

<< <i>If your collecting a large set you might want to consider putting in set requests for each team in the set.
    It's a good way to get vouchers for something you already have.
    I did it for the '69 basketball set and the '77 football set. >>

Thats a great idea!

Thanks for sharing.

Giovanni
  • Options
    MiniMasterMiniMaster Posts: 505 ✭✭
    Yeah I did that with my 75 Topps Mini's.... after all the team sets were added... I picked up 29 free gradings.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah I did that with my 75 Topps Mini's.... after all the team sets were added... I picked up 29 free gradings. >>

WOW!!!!!

Thats sounds great, i'd take 29 free gradings image

Giovanni
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    You can also request them on different forms so you are not stuck sending them in all at once. I received a decent amount of free grades for my various teams sets, my 57 topps set, and even a few player sets. I broke down the forms on the phone to have a group of five to send in for reviews and the rest were on two additional forms. I paid allittle more on shipping but it worked out for me.

By the way they took a long time to grade.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I never requested them, not worth the effort.

For me anyway.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MiniMasterMiniMaster Posts: 505 ✭✭
    What effort? I sent them an e-mail requesting the grades? At the regular grading rates I saved close to $300?

Definitely worth a short e-mail.... (IMHO)

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I never requested them, not worth the effort.

For me anyway.

Steve >>

How do you request the free gradings? I completed a 34 card set and never got a voucher when I was at 75%. I'm about to hit 75% on an 82 card set and I don't want to miss out.
  • Options

Hello to All ,

Send PSA an e-mail with your membership # , address etc & they'll send you out the sub form .

I applied but didn't bother to sub any cards , shipping @ $35 for the return of 2 cards was a bit salty for me .