Home Sports Talk

Roger Clemens- Steroid user, liar, statutory rapist

Comments

• No comment.

• MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Mrs. Clemens to Roger:

"You got some splainin to do". image
  • geez, what's next? molested altar boys?
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks likes its ok if the guy is white.

Colelctive yawn around here.

Now imagine if it was Barry Bonds!

Loves me some shiny!
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Looks likes its ok if the guy is white.

Now imagine if it was Barry Bonds! >>

Nobody cares because it's become obvious what a tool this guy apparently is. It's not a black/white thing, but thank you Mr. Jackson Sharpton for trying to make it out to be.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roger will need to pitch another year to pay off his legal bills and have some left over after Mrs. Clemens gets her 50% (TX is a community property state, and you bet she knows what that means)
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>Looks likes its ok if the guy is white.

Now imagine if it was Barry Bonds! >>

Expect ESPN to run with the story for a while at least. "Mike and Mike" should be interesting tomorrow morning.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    You guys are pathetic. Can't you admit, that this is just another example of us all "mis-remembering".

Players like him and Bonds must have this loser sense of love that states ' If you love me, you'll let me lie to you and believe it."

Screw the truth . Can we all just feel the love instead.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    As an attorney with (I think) a good sense of humor, I'm always game for a good lawyer joke. So in light today's events, I present the following:

Q: How do you know when a lawyer is lying?
    A: His lips are moving.

That's what I immediately thought to myself when I read that Rusty Hardin's response to the allegations regarding Roger Clemens and Mindy McCready. Mr. Hardin stated:

<< <i>He flatly denies having had any kind of an inappropriate relationship with her. >>

So does that mean he had appropriate relationships with her? Unfortunately, that is not how things work in the law. I used to tell my friends that if you could answer this one question "correctly," you are well on your way to being a lawyer. And that question is ... What is the opposite of black?

The correct response, from a lawyer, is "not black." You never say WHAT SOMETHING IS ... because that is an admission, e.g. very bad in the law. You only say WHAT SOMETHING IS NOT. That's why there are so many double negatives in the law. So back to Hardin.

... he flatly denies (first negative) having any kind of an inappropriate (second negative) relationship with her.

The problem with defamation lawsuits, especially in Rogers' case, it two-fold. First, Roger, as a public figure, must demonstrate actual malice. (Look it up. Actual malice is very hard to prove.) Second, even if Roger wins (and that means he'll only get money), his name (and perhaps others that he cares about) will get dragged through the mud like there is no tomorrow. And this is only with regard to witnesses. I'm sure it'll get real interesting when Roger has to give HIS OWN DEPOSITION.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's why there are so many double negatives in the law. >>

Not to mention it goes all the way back to the supreme law of the land, the Constitution. Read the qualifications for being a Representative, Senator, and President and you'll see what I mean.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would seem that the best Clemens could hope for is for his attorney to be removed due to his conflict of interest with Petite. Would give him a viable out for dropping this lawsuit now without making it look like he hit it with the kid. Yuck and yuck.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Clemens has really gone out of his way to destroy his own image. At one point, he was a 1st ballot hall of famer and a very well paid player.

Too bad but I guess frosted tips will do that.
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be a riot if Clemens had to go door to door in his neighborhood, and tell everyone he's a sex offender? Kind of like Jesus in The Big Lebowski!