Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

'86 Donruss Wax Box Bust - Highlights

Dropped into a card shop for the first time in more than 5 years the other day and decided to give a little to the cause and picked up a Wax Box of '86 Donruss. Sounded like fun. Was really surprised by the quality of the cards I got. Very minty. Strong corners and almost no chipping. Think I might submit a few. Turned out it was a real walk down memory lane. I remember paying $30 or so for the McGriff RC in '94 or so (Braves Fan) and thats pretty much what the box cost me the other day. If anyone is interested in any extras let me know.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
saucywombat@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    The photos don't show.

Giovanni
  • Options
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    There we go image

Very nice looking cards.

Giovanni
  • Options
    They all look like 10's to me, or at least Mint 9's???

Am I wrong?

Giovanni
  • Options
    Thats what I'm saying - couldn't believe the quality. Definetly 9's and probably get gather a fair share of 10's. The box was kind of beat but the cards inside were top notch.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Yeah man, they difinetly look good.

Are you gona send them in? If not, you should!

There more chance of cards getting damaged when you wait, you wana get that protection, ya know.

How much do these cards sell for in 10's? Not to familiar with Baseball card sales.

Giovanni
  • Options
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    sportsitup-

I think the stars in 10 could bring at least $25 or more. 9's you'd be lucky to get the $5 back. Not sure about the interest from set collectors though there are about 10 or so sets on the registry.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Lots of 8s and a few 9's. A couple might sneak a 10 in there.
  • Options

<< <i>sportsitup-

I think the stars in 10 could bring at least $25 or more. 9's you'd be lucky to get the $5 back. Not sure about the interest from set collectors though there are about 10 or so sets on the registry. >>

I thought the 10's would bring much higher, but still great looking cards anwyay.

Giovanni
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    where's the canseco????

very nice looking cards. it does bring back memories.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭
    Pucketts in a 10 might bring $15, $20 is a stretch, and lucky to get $5 on a PSA 9.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    Most look like 8's with maybe a few 9's.. The centering is what keeps them away from 10's. Nice pulls though!