Home Sports Talk
Options

Odds and ends about the NFL draft

Really like the shorter time period for the first round, went much faster.

The Falcons close the door on the Michael Vick era by drafting Matt Ryan.

McFadden was too tempting for Al Davis to pass up (will he be another Adrian Peterson hopefully without injury) next season for the Raiders?

The Chiefs did very well taking Glenn Dorsey at #5 and then getting Branden Albert at #15

The Lions DID NOT take a wide receiver this time with their first pick, they chose RT Gosder Cherilus (can't figure out yet how his name is pronounced).

Top Draft rated grades (from USA Today):

A - Dolphins
Chiefs

Lowest graded:

D+ Titans
Broncos

Comments

• Options
    All's I can say is thank God it's over!

OK ESPN, enough already! 5 guys running their mouths like machine guns, 27 different things going on the TV screen, analyzing every ding-dong that ever put on a college uniform.....I can't believe the effort they put into this thing.

You're right about the shortened time period, but they still spend two days over-analyzing the thing to death.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    5 people at the table on ESPN talking about the draft should have been reduced to no more than three.

Mortensen, Kiper and Young would have been fine, the other two just added to the noise level with nothing much in the way
    of insight to add.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Actually, I'd prefer Kiper be kicked to the curb. Can't stand that guy. He has some knowledge on a wide array of players, but typically misses what the professional teams are thinking by a large margin. I don't think my mocks have ever been as bad as his. He claims to have insider knowledge on a teams interests and it usually ends up being a miss. He blows... So does Young, Carter and Jaws though.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    How bout the pack getting Brohm in 2nd!

Future starter!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>How bout the pack getting Brohm in 2nd!

Future starter! >>

Could be, he will sit on the bench behind Rogers for now.