Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about grading

Perhaps someone can answer this so i don't have to wait for CS to open. I am taking advantage of the $5 set registry special and submitting 29 cards so not all fit on one submission form. Do I have to enter a separate shipping charge on each form so instead of paying something like $23 if I could combine it or do I have to pay twice as much (about $38)? Also do I have to send it registered or is that what they recommend? I usually use a bubble mailer cause I don't have that many cards at once and a box seems like a wate. sometimes the PO gives me a hard time saying they can't ship that kind of packaging registered which of course is complete bs since I have done it before. I also have 1 crossover I am thinking of doing would that have to go on a third submission form and then i have to pay a this shipping charge? I hope not having to pay a separate shipping charge on each form seems rather excessive.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    All you need is to print this out Linky

Good luck with your submission!

Giovanni
  • Options
    Oh yeah, about the shipping, you can do registered but it could take like 2 weeks or something like that.

I use USPS Priority mail with signature confirmation and have had no problems. A buddy of mine told me he used that method a million times so I did too and there was no problem at all. And the best part is that it takes 2-3 days only image And they also have to sign for it.

But I would suggest you use a Priority mail box for your cards to be protected the best way.

Giovanni
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Only the crossover would need it's own form and separate shipping.

I always send registered mail. also remember to mark the outside of the box
    the service level you are using.

Last time I sent in 106 cards I simply made my own form from #76 thru 106

Good luck with your grades!

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Thanks. Another question, I just noticed that the registry special mentions 1972-2002 so i guess the few cards I had from 03-07 I can't use the special and the cheapest i can get for those is $15 unless I wait till I have 100 cards to send and use a bulk level. Also, do you have to put the stickers on the plastic sleeves.. that really is a pain. I have only done 2 PSA orders so far, mostly because most of my good stuff is newer. Unfortunately most of my 70's cards are not in good enough condition to make grading profitable.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks. Another question, I just noticed that the registry special mentions 1972-2002 so i guess the few cards I had from 03-07 I can't use the special and the cheapest i can get for those is $15 unless I wait till I have 100 cards to send and use a bulk level. >>

Exactly!

Giovanni
  • Options
    Thanks, you replied before I had a chance to edit my message. Do they really make you do the stickers.. that is a huge pain. Looks like I will have to redo my submission forms cause I had the 03-07 stuff on there but I used the manual forms not realizing I can use the one you sent me and get 50 on there. I have to see if it will allow you to type in the info. That would make it easier.
  • Options
    You can bulk level at 50 cards.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I always use a sticker, but many here say they do not.

Steve
    Good for you.