Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

you may want to add ebay user ctorick to your block buyer list

as my title states, you may want to add ctorick to your blocked bidder list on ebay. he purchased an item from me earlier tonight and messeged me right away trying to use feedback extortion as a means to lower the shipping costs to california from nj even though i clearly stated the shipping price in the auction. he has 42 feedback with 97.7 %, while i have 1077 feedback. he is just a headache waiting to happen. the buyers name is chris torick of clovis, california. this is just a courtesty heads up for other sellers.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>as my title states, you may want to add ctorick to your blocked bidder list on ebay. he purchased an item from me earlier tonight and messeged me right away trying to use feedback extortion as a means to lower the shipping costs to california from nj even though i clearly stated the shipping price in the auction. he has 42 feedback with 97.7 %, while i have 1077 feedback. he is just a headache waiting to happen. this is just a courtesty heads up for other sellers. >>

Did you report the extortion to ebay?

Sellers need protection too - that's fer sure.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    i certainly did. actually i reported both messeges he sent me trying to extort. this new system is really going to bite.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "Sellers need protection too - that's fer sure."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EBAY no longer wants small sellers at the site.

WMT, Sears, K-Mart, QVC, JCP, etc. are the future of EBAY.

EBAY cannot win against AMZN, with a mom/pop seller base.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure and hopefully Storm can answer this but starting in May with the new changes
    will sellers still be allowed to respond to any feedbacks left them?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    well i just reported the third attempt at extortion. he is really getting annoying. i wish he was local! its way too easy for these losers to hide behind a computer.
  • Options
    Pat tell him to pound sand, he either pays what the auction states or you will file a NPB with ebay.

with that end all communication with him.

if he pays he gets the item, if he doesn't he gets a strike.

Not sure I see what the problem is here.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Dear Cohocorp,

Please educate me. Is the buyer (ctorick) saying that unless you agree to reduce the shipping price to $X.XX, he will leave you negative feedback? If so, that blows. Also, I wonder if he is just extorting you because the other auctions that he won for hobby boxes have comparable shipping and handling charges.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    Pat gotta auction link too?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Nevermind Pat I found it. The only question I have is why not send it Priority mail? for between 4.60 and 8.95
    you can send that box and save the buyer some bucks (or make a dollar or two) in the process. You also get the box free from the post office.

maybe the fact you will be sending it parcel post is making him ansty?

JMO

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    here is the auction link...

link

btw, i routinely give out refunds for overpayment of shipping if there is one. it was his approach to me which i take offense to.

i filed NPB already. there is no chance i would take payment from him. i am not giving this dirtbag another chance.

when buying i, like 99.99 percent of buyers out there, add in the shipping costs when i bid. so thats not even the point. he told me on 3 occasions to either lower the shipping or he will give me bad feedback. thats feedback extortion plain and simple.

i just double checked my feedback and right down the line they pretty much all say "great shipper".

JackWESQ --- that is exactly what he is doing. looking at the feedback he leaves for others, this is his approach.

as i said earlier, i wish he was local. too many losers hide behind computer screens.

side note, i feel sorry for the person i have to spar against tomorrow night.
  • Options

<< <i>Nevermind Pat I found it. The only question I have is why not send it Priority mail? for between 4.60 and 8.95
    you can send that box and save the buyer some bucks (or make a dollar or two) in the process. You also get the box free from the post office.

maybe the fact you will be sending it parcel post is making him ansty?

JMO

Steve >>

i absolutely may have decided to send it flat rate priority and given a refund. but definately not when he comes out demanding it with threats.
  • Options
    I agree wholeheartedly he has no business telling you what to do.

With that said, maybe use priority mail in the future, I do for items that warrant it.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    Based on the negatives he has left for others, he will probably neg you no matter what. Sorry this happened to you. There must be something in the water out in Clovis, CA...the home of Gary Daggett.
  • Options

<< <i>Based on the negatives he has left for others, he will probably neg you no matter what. Sorry this happened to you. There must be something in the water out in Clovis, CA...the home of Gary Daggett. >>

no kidding. thats funny.

i did the online chat help thing with ebay and they said that he can get suspended for it. i had to forward his 3 messeges to their webhelp support team to go after him.
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Sucks this happened to you.. I had a similar situation. A guy won 5 auctions and then decided my combined shipping discount wasn't enough. He says, i saw your stated shipping charges but bid anyway figuring once you saw me buying SO MANY of your auctions you would lower the shipping. He wanted an additional $5 off on a $100 order so I just gave it to him. His id is Boilerkp or boilerkip I believe.

The $5 isnt worth the aggrevation for me, I sell cards as a hobby and its the last place I want to be annoyed. However, i do not blame people for sticking to their guns and not giving in to scrupulous buyers.

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    a priority mail flat-rate box costs $8.95 to ship, i think $9.99 is more than fair.
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    << Based on the negatives he has left for others, he will probably neg you no matter what. Sorry this happened to you. There must be something in the water out in Clovis, CA...the home of Gary Daggett. >>
    must be the water thats why im in the process of moving to galveston tx for all my stalkers out there
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

<< <i>must be the water thats why im in the process of moving to galveston tx for all my stalkers out there >>

You're moving from Clovis to Galveston? By choice? Do you think this is an upgrade?

Enjoy the hurricane season.
  • Options
    <<You're moving from Clovis to Galveston? By choice? Do you think this is an upgrade?

Enjoy the hurricane season. >>

Yes by choice its a great upgrade. California just aint what it use to be. Plus galveston and houston area still ripe for real estate investing
  • Options
    Dear Cohocorp,

Thanks for the clarification and, as such, ctorick truly blows. As an aside, if you guys could indulge me for a moment regarding shipping and handling. I think, in part, being successful/making a profit on ebay as it relates to shipping and handling is dependent on what TYPE of item you are selling. For me (and I think most), the ideal item is something is very valuable, yet extremely inexpensive to ship. Sure, a lot of things have value, e.g. computers, televisions, car parts, electronics, etc. But who really wants to deal with shipping and handling that kind of stuff. Consequently, I view baseball cards (generically speaking) and coins as the (almost) ideal thing to sell on ebay, e.g. something high in value, yet cheap to ship. Given that, I still can't believe the number of buyers out there that complain about shipping and handling charges. I can only imagine how a buyer would react to shipping and handling charges for other (and larger) items. That said, I completely agree with what you said:

<< <i>add in the shipping costs when i bid. >>

... seller charging $10.00 for S/H and you think it is worth $11.00, then bid $1.00. That said, I somehow suspect that some bidders will complain about S/H REGARDLESS of the price. Charge $9.99? Complain that it should be $4.99. Charge $4.99. Complain that it should be $1.99 and on and on.

/s/ JackWESQ

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i><< Based on the negatives he has left for others, he will probably neg you no matter what. Sorry this happened to you. There must be something in the water out in Clovis, CA...the home of Gary Daggett. >>
    must be the water thats why im in the process of moving to galveston tx for all my stalkers out there >>

So the theif calls someone else a stalker...that's rich!
  • Options
    "That said, I somehow suspect that some bidders will complain about S/H REGARDLESS of the price."

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Even with "FREE" shipping, buyers do NOT leave 5-stars in the DSR.

• Options
    storm888,

I think you'll like this one (I was seller). Pertinent facts:

1. Auction ended on Thursday, March 13, 2008
    2. Payment sent via Paypal on Friday, March 14, 2008
    3. Item mailed on Saturday, March 15, 2008
    4. Buyer leave's feedback on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 noting that "delivery time was slow."

Gee, what more could I have done? Even assuming he received it on March 19, 2008, that's less than a one week turnaround from end of auction to receipt of item. I guess you can't please them all.

/s/ JackWESQ

• Options

<< <i>storm888,

I think you'll like this one (I was seller). Pertinent facts:

1. Auction ended on Thursday, March 13, 2008
    2. Payment sent via Paypal on Friday, March 14, 2008
    3. Item mailed on Saturday, March 15, 2008
    4. Buyer leave's feedback on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 noting that "delivery time was slow."

Gee, what more could I have done? Even assuming he received it on March 19, 2008, that's less than a one week turnaround from end of auction to receipt of item. I guess you can't please them all.

/s/ JackWESQ >>

who is the buyer? i want to block him too. if you dont want to post his user name here can you pm it to me at least? thanks
  • Options
    Anybody been selling any sports-stuff on ecrater.com?

It works good for used clothes.
  • Options
    i cant believe this idiot just tried to pay me through paypal. i refunded the $.
  • Options
    These will spring-up all over the place, next month.

Welcome to RottenBidders

RottenBidders.com was created by eBay sellers in response to the recently announced eBay feedback changes. This site is about sellers helping each other avoid negative transactions with bad bidders/buyers.

As of May 19th, 2008, sellers are only allowed to leave positive feedback for buyers on eBay. With this change, the balance has been tipped in favour of the buyers. Unfortunately, as we sellers know, certain buyers are far from perfect. Some don't pay, some have unrealistic expectations regarding shipping times and other factors beyond our control, and some "neg" sellers for little else than including handling in the "shipping and handling" fee.

Rottenbidders is a collection of "rotten" eBay buyers that sellers have had problems with but were unable to leave negative feedback for.

At this site, you will be able to:

1) Submit unreasonable, unrealistic, non-paying, etc. buyer user ID's to a collection of "rotten" bidders.

2) Search to see if any of your current bidders is listed as a "rotten" bidder.

3) Download a list of "rotten" bidders that can be added to your bidder-block list.

4) Share your ideas on avoiding unwanted transactions with other sellers.

We hope you find this site useful. Suggestions, feature requests and comments are welcome. Please contact us to submit them or post them on the RottenBidders.com forum.

Frequently Asked Questions | User Agreement | Contact Us | Partners

• Options
    I think the problem here was Pat was shipping parcel post for more then he could have charged
    using priority mail.

I am not saying what the buyer did was right, he was very wrong.

Questions about shipping should be made before one bids.

For all he knew Pat made a mistake and was not using parcel post.

Emails threatening negative feedback is not the way to go.

Steve

Good for you.