Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opinions please-

Looking on Ebay for this card and saw this one- the top of the card scares me.

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmm, from left to right the taper upward ?
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, that top edge does look funky.

Steve
  • Options
    I've seen many Bowman cards with similar cuts in PSA holders, especially 53's. Edges look fine.
  • Options
    Even if the card is not trimmed, why not hold off for a better example. For that kind of coin, you should get an example that doesnt make you wonder.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>Even if the card is not trimmed, why not hold off for a better example. For that kind of coin, you should get an example that doesnt make you wonder. >>

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've seen many Bowman cards with similar cuts in PSA holders, especially 53's. Edges look fine. >>

Really? I wouldnt be able to tell either way but I gotta admit it takes away from the eye appeal-
  • Options

<< <i>Even if the card is not trimmed, why not hold off for a better example. For that kind of coin, you should get an example that doesnt make you wonder. >>

No doubt about it, there is another one on the bay that I hope will sell for less than this one!

Thanks again Steve! image
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    It is NOT likely altered.

BUT, the eye appeal-issue will detract from its resale value.

I would wait, unless I could steal it.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I agree it appears to be a factory miscut. I too would wait for a better example.

Unless of course this card is scarce.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Well even if I dont win the other one on the Bay I will pass on this particular one- I wouldnt say this card is scarce but the HOF NFL Rookies are really in demand right now, but I think I can find another PSA 7 that appeals to me more.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    I agree to wait for a cleaner looking piece to surface, but I want to add that that is a gorgeous card IMO. I love the look of the 51's.....
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky