Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Donald Golder Pattern Information

I believe they were auctioned by Spinks and listed as the Patina Collection. I also believe they are listed in the Krause Unusual World Coins. The pattern set of three has a sterling silver, copper and goldine. The silver being sterling is 925 pure but I do not know how much silver it contains. Can somebody with the Krause unusual coins book check the Victoria 3 Graces and St George for silver content (they probably will have the same)? Thanks. image
trozau (troy ounce gold)

Comments

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    TTT hoping somebody can provide the answer.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try this.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Try this. >>

I found that link but did not see any references to actual silver content on the sterling silver issue of the 1879 dated (2001 struck) Victoria crown patterns with 3 Graces and St George reverses. Thanks.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never seen the weight of the silver pieces. At the time of the Patina sale they did list by weight the actual gold specimens (as opposed to Goldine). Perhaps somebody would be good enough to weigh their silver specimen??
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

<< <i>I have never seen the weight of the silver pieces. At the time of the Patina sale they did list by weight the actual gold specimens (as opposed to Goldine). Perhaps somebody would be good enough to weigh their silver specimen?? >>

I have them but I do not have a weighing scale (hence, the inquiry). image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)