Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Babe Ruth autograph question

Our family has an autograph from Babe Ruth. Our late uncle obtained it from the Babe on a fourth of July vacation in 1941. The autograph is on some stationary from the hotel Ruth and my uncle stayed at in New Hampshire. The stationary has the hotel name and date on it along with the Babe's auto.

Question......The autograph is absolutely gem mint except for some bleeding on the Babe's "B". For some reason the ink ran on the bottom of the "B". Being that my late uncle was a Red Sox fan, it only makes sense that the "B" started to bleed, eh ? How much does this effect the monetary value of the signature ? We're never going to sell it, but I was just wondering. TIA

Comments

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    sounds like a nice piece - post a scan of it so we can see it
  • Options

<< <i>sounds like a nice piece - post a scan of it so we can see it >>

It's in my dad's office. It will be willed to me in the future.
  • Options
    It depends on how bad it ran . . . Would love to see the piece if you get a chance to scan

• Options
    That really stinks , I would be so upset
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    It will affect the value only to the extent that Ruth signed so many autographs during his lifetime that it is not hard to find a nice one. If you're not going to sell it then the monetary value shouldn't be an issue. For insurance purposes you want to overstate the value anyway.
  • Options
    I find it amazing that even though Ruth signed tens of thousands , if not hundreds of thousands of autographs that his sig still will fetch a serious #

I guess it is just supply and demand though , even though there is a great supply , it still does not fill the even greater demand , especially for quality sigs .