Home Sports Talk

Yankees or Mets ?

This poll isn't about which team WILL end the season at or below .500

This poll is about which team HAS THE BETTER CHANCE of ending the season at or below .500

Comments

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Another Mets, Yanks thread?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yankees

• << <i>Another Mets, Yanks thread?

Steve >>

It was either this or a L.A. Clippers thread image
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mets
    Mets

Can I vote twice?
    Lets go with the Clippers.

or another salary cap/parity in baseball thread so teams like the Phillies can compete on the
    same level as the NY teams.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Not to be biased, but I really do think the Mets have a better chance at being under .500. To me, it all comes down to pitching. We have older experienced arms, and young up & coming arms. If one or two get cold, there are others to fill the gap. Not to mention our line-p is pretty well stocked.
    Mets leading 11 - 8 in the poll. They won't win the NL East, but at least maybe they can win this poll.
    Fortune teller among the things you do too?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yankees. And Girardi gets fired in August.
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>Not to be biased, but I really do think the Mets have a better chance at being under .500. To me, it all comes down to pitching. We have older experienced arms, and young up & coming arms. If one or two get cold, there are others to fill the gap. Not to mention our line-p is pretty well stocked. >>

I voted for the Yankees. I think the Yankees pitching, after Wang and before Chamberlain/Rivera, is really, really unpredictable at best. I will grudgingly admit that Pettitte isn't quite finished yet, but Mussina certainly is. Hughes is on the DL now with the same kind of injury that seems to plague Rich Harden every year. And Kennedy hasn't lived up to expectations yet. A-Rod and Posada going on the DL won't help things either.

Although the Mets' rotation doesn't look as good as it did before the seasons started, I'd still rather have Santana than Wang and either Maine or Perez over Pettitte.

That said, I think both teams have a slim-to-none chance at finishing below .500.