Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Mercury dime rattler set finally at 50% complete.

With (2) new additions from last weeks Teletrade auction I finally hit the 50% complete mark on my Mercury Rattler set. I don't know if this set is even possible to complete but it's still been a lot of fun to put together.

Millertime

Comments

• Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    That is cool. I hope you do get done in rattlers. 1 sweet set!!
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    Very cool!! I'm way too impatient to be able to put together something like that! image
    "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore"

My Registry Sets
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    You have some serious patience.
    I just want it now !!!!
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millertime,

I have been chasing MS66 Silver Roosie Rattlers since late last year and they are very scarce. I have seen only a handful, and I currently own 8 of the 48 dates/MM's I need. It provides alot of fun for me and the thrill of the hunt to locate as many as I can find. I'm assuming that it will be years before I even come close to fully assembling this set at 100%, but the wait will be worth it.

Good luck in your set too.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    simply amazing and congrats
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Keep it up. I know they are tough to find. It is tough enough to find some dates in the larger holders! image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. I just won a 1916 Merc on eBay tonight (not a '16-D though).

This is my favorite registry set and it has been a lot of fun. If you think the rattlers themselves are tough to pick up try finding the original black storage boxes, those are extremely tough to come by. I lucked out a couple of times last year and I now have (5) boxes that hold 20 and (1) that holds 40.

I also started a rattler type set and a WL rattler set.

Millertime
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure the set is possible to complete either.

But what you have put together so far looks great. Best of luck with the other coins.

Mike
  • Options
    JBdimesJBdimes Posts: 91 ✭✭
    I also have a rattler set going under JBdimes, # 46 on 1934-1945 (late date set). If you have any duplicates that could help me out let me know. Your challenge is much greater than mine, but I am getting encouraged by how close I am at almost 70%.

Thanks,

John