Home Sports Talk
Options

Live Draft Chat

Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
After 3 picks, it's all according to script: Long, Long, Ryan.

I think the Falcons did the right thing.
Mike
Bosox1976

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so the Pats trade their pick...but the NFL Network has not yet revealed what the Pats got in return!!!
  • Options
    Hope it's not another Junior Seau for Harlow & Chung deal for us...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    announced: take the NO 1st round pick (10th overall) and a 3rd rounder from NO. Also NE added in their fifth round pick sent to NO
  • Options
    I thought Rivers would have gone to NE, but who am I to second-guess Bill?
  • Options
    Mayo was an upset pick.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Sucks to be a Raider fan.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with 5 starting tailbacks Boo. image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    The Jets desperately needed an offensive play maker. So what did they do? Pick a DE. Hey I know they couldn't get McFadden, but come on Jets. You've got to do better than that.

Go Giants later in the round!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Gotta love the Ravens fleecing the Jags- the 8th overall for the 26th overall, two 3rds and a 4th. Steep price to move up and take a non-consensus top 10 pick.

• Options
    Jets just made a head scratcher. Scouts Inc. had that TE pegged for the third round.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    The Eagles have yet to make a pick after trading down twice.

Rumor has it that they will stockpile picks until the 5th round and then trade for their choice of Hershel Walker's multiple personalities.

They figure the Vikings actually did get the better end of the Walker/Dallas deal years ago, and the Eagles have always thought that he had more to offer since leaving them.

Friggin tedious.

They're now on the clock.

They have 10 minutes to trade away the pick. image
  • Options
    Philly made 2 decent picks. Like the kid from ND.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Eagles have yet to make a pick after trading down twice.

Rumor has it that they will stockpile picks until the 5th round and then trade for their choice of Hershel Walker's multiple personalities.

They figure the Vikings actually did get the better end of the Walker/Dallas deal years ago, and the Eagles have always thought that he had more to offer since leaving them.

Friggin tedious.

They have 10 minutes to trade away the pick. image >>

On a day that supposedly was a week draft, "they" say the value is gonna be in the middle rounds - and I happen to agree with that assessment. The Eagles are poised tomorrow to have a very interesting day with a multitude of picks!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The Eagles have yet to make a pick after trading down twice.

Friggin tedious.

They have 10 minutes to trade away the pick. image >>

On a day that supposedly was a week draft, "they" say the value is gonna be in the middle rounds - and I happen to agree with that assessment. The Eagles are poised tomorrow to have a very interesting day with a multitude of picks! >>

The Eagles will be fine, because the team is managed by smart people. I still can't believe there are Philly fans out there who dog on Andy Reid, a man who's clearly one of the brightest minds in the game. He's been playing in a brutal division for ten years now, and still manages to put a very competitive team on the field nearly every year. If I were an Eagles fan I'd just turn off the draft and go do something else, confident in the fact that no matter what my opinion of their picks may be, they probably made the right choices.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Nothing better than fans who decide who their team should draft and if anything else happens then the draft is a disaster. The Ravens wanted Matt Ryan, but he went 3rd so they improvised and got their second guy, along with an extra 3rd and 4th round pick. The Eagles traded out of their spot because the guy they wanted was unavailable and got a few extra picks out of it. The thing with the draft is you do what you can to get as many chances to improve your team. When you put all your eggs in one basket, you end up doing something stupid like trading your entire draft for Ricky Williams or blowing 10% of your team's cap space on Charles Rogers because he ran a great 40. If my team's scouting was good, I'd rather have a 2nd and a 3rd than the #6 pick in the draft any day of the week.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jets made the logical pick for Gholston at #6 once Mcfadden was off the board. Giants showed in Super Bowl that Pats are vulnerable if Brady is harrassed, and Jets now have two beasts on each end to rush him.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Kevin Smith from UCF just went to Detroit........imageimage
  • Options
    Minnesota has had a decent draft for as little of picks they had. I hope they go after Marcus Monk here in the late rounds. Booty might be a great addition, who knows.
    Am I speaking Chinese?