Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    They have become my ONLY sports browsing-area.

At least I will feel fairly safe, if I break down and buy something.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    I just got their catalogue in the mail... Unbelievable some of the stuff they have. The Jackie Robinson lot with his court papers is amazing.
  • Options
    Yupp
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    i will be bidding on the 1914 CJ Mathewson with tax return money......so nobody else bid GOT IT?
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I just got the Andy Madec auction catalog yesterday and it is VERY poor this time around. Memory Lane and Mastro consistently have fantastic stuff. If I ever consign anything, that's where it would go.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    i rememeber there being problems with customer service with Madec last auction, maybe that caused people to look elsewhere....bad customer service=bad taste in mouth
  • Options
    Is there anything that's NOT in this upcoming auction?

Call me picky, but I did not see a Mint 1986 Topps Alan Knicely
  • Options
    They have really made strides into stuff other than cards. They still have an amazing card auction, but all the cuts, checks, balls and other oddball stuff makes this auction maybe their best ever. I wish I had unlimited funds to buy the stuff in their pages.
    Steven Bloedow
    Collect Auctions
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>Is there anything that's NOT in this upcoming auction?

Call me picky, but I did not see a Mint 1986 Topps Alan Knicely >>

• Options
    this is auction season...mastro, REA, sloate, lelands, memory lane, madec...those with itchy trigger fingers better find enough dough to fund the purchases from these multiple auction houses!
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    This kind of reminds me of the "can dreams come true thread".

Time to sell Mom into slavery I guess??? image
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Now this is a beautiful 8, 8.5 perhaps?

• Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I went to the Overland Park, KS show yesterday and Memory Lane had a booth there. That PSA 8 '52 Mantle was one of the items there, along with a bunch of other amazing items. It was amazing to see such high grade vintage but it made me feel very insignificant in the card collecting world, as I can't afford a single item they have up for auction. image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    That group of 67 philly,s is outstanding something you will not see again soon if ever 12 psa 10,s wow If you are into 60,s football hard to pass on those.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I went to the Overland Park, KS show yesterday and Memory Lane had a booth there. That PSA 8 '52 Mantle was one of the items there, along with a bunch of other amazing items. It was amazing to see such high grade vintage but it made me feel very insignificant in the card collecting world, as I can't afford a single item they have up for auction. image

Chris >>

image Join the club Chris! image
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    How was that show in Overland Park? It's been at least 7 or 8 years since I've been to a show there but they (the Tri-Star shows) used to be pretty good.
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I haven't been to a lot of shows but I was pretty impressed with this one. There weren't a lot of tables there but there was a lot of high grade vintage. I did meet Levi (707 Sportscards). He seems like a nice guy and I have never seen so many high dollar cards in one place in my life! His inventory is amazing! All in all I would say that it was a good show.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    So we're all gaga over an auction house that permits their employees to bid on items? Methinks the government needs to regulate such activity...........

RB
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items