Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

52 topps with tape??

Hello I am new to the baord but have been a collector for 20 years, I have some 52 Topps with faded scotch tape on them, I know not to move them but would it be worth my time to still get them graded? also looking for thread that discusses the pros and cons of beckett vs psa thanks
COLLECTING SINCE 79, WOW ALOT OF CHANGES

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards!! I am not sure if even with perfect corners with the tape if they would grade better than a 2?? Though I am not entirely sure, just a guess!!
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Personally, I doubt grading a card with tape would add value to any card that doesn't sell for at least $50 in PSA 2 - by my rough guess that's Pafko, Rizzuto, Spahn, Hodges, Snider, Page and Sain error variations, Feller, Billy Martin, Berra, Mays, and the high numbers. You're not going to get a grade higher than a 2 with tape, and a 1 or 1.5 is a real possibility. If you're talking Mantle, Mays, J. Robinson, Campanella, Reese, Wilhelm, or Mathews, it's foolish not to grade it in any condition if it's unaltered IMO.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    tape makes it altered......will get authentic grade only.....
  • Options
    In my experience, tape or tape residue (even on the back) gets you a 1 - end of story.
    Jonathan
    Baseball HOF Autographs
    Topps Baseball 1967
    Mike Payne's 300 Great Cards
    MVPs in their MVP years
    and T206???