Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Modern Player Set Collectors Question...

Just wondering where you guys buy singles you need for your registry set(s)... I'm getting sick of buying over graded singles from ebay. Anyone know of a good online card sites that sells quality singles? I would like to purchase a bunch to finish off my basic Jordan collection.

Comments

• Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    I've ordered from Beckett and Sportslots. It's pretty much hit or miss. I will typically buy from the dealer who has multiple of the same gards (basically play the numbers game). On average, if you buy modern (Jordan), I would estimate you would grade about 10% of the cards you buy, assuming you were trying for 9s and 10s. Prepare yourself for some disappointment but you may find a diamond every now and then.

• Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    That’s kind of what I've been doing just getting sick of the poor scans and the mint + descriptions.
  • Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    Yea, it gets annoying. I also attend shows a go through the "player boxes"... I occasionally find nice stuff in there and that way, you get a chance to see the card BEFORE buying it.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i guess overall i have been pretty lucky with my favre buys on ebay then. most have been nines. a decent amount of 10's. and a few 8's and 7's here and there.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    That's good to hear about your favre buys... I've been buying Jordans and I find that I can only sub about 25% of them. I've done a good job picking the good ones but it's becoming frustrating to buy and get crap from ebay.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well...that was also on the old scale. we will see what happens with the new .5 scale. will more nines fall down to 8.5 instead? or more 8's go to 8.5??
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Looking for any Pippen PSA 10 cards!!
  • Options
    Sorry about the double post. I recently started using checkoutmycards.com to find modern cards for my set registry master sets. Sometimes you may get 20-30 of the same single card with individual scans that zoom in on front and back. So out of the the 20 I may find a couple that I think might get 10's. My last order I spent about 25.00 on 40 Terrell Davis cards and of the 40 I decided to grade 20. Results were good, 13 (10's) 4 (9's) 1 (8.5) 1 (8) and 1 Miss-cut.
    Looking for any Pippen PSA 10 cards!!