Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I love both sides of this coin

I'm thinking of starting a collection of these ....does anyone else collect these??
"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley

Comments

• Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    I started to - along with the 2 Pence pieces, but unless you live in Britain the set is hard to complete in nice grades. They were to recent for dealers to stock or even bother selling on eBay - so you're left with putting the entire collection together from junk box finds... which is how I got started.

Thanks for reminding me, I should put a little more effort into these again.
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    )ne way of collecting them would be to buy the uncirculated year sets although you would end up with a lot of extra denominations.
  • Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    I recently sold a box of about 10 lbs. of them! Neat coins.

Heavy Box Full of British Coins, Tokens, Medals
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I started to - along with the 2 Pence pieces, but unless you live in Britain the set is hard to complete in nice grades. They were to recent for dealers to stock or even bother selling on eBay - so you're left with putting the entire collection together from junk box finds... which is how I got started.

Thanks for reminding me, I should put a little more effort into these again.
    image >>

Hmm. Well maybe a type set....dating back to...the earlier hammered p's or 1/2 p's. Thanks for your insights.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    They're not very hard to come by. Typical larger shows usually have dealers selling the post 1981 dates right out of the sets. I have lots of BU specimens for many of the pre-mint set dates sitting in tubes. I just wish I had rolls of BU Victorian bronze like Mac does. image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They're not very hard to come by. Typical larger shows usually have dealers selling the post 1981 dates right out of the sets. I have lots of BU specimens for many of the pre-mint set dates sitting in tubes. I just wish I had rolls of BU Victorian bronze like Mac does. image >>

imageimageimage

I just wish I could have visited the BRM back in the 1840s like Wybrit did. imageimage
  • Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    Yes, I collect them. They are considered common though, not worth very much.

Big Dave
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just wish I could have visited the BRM back in the 1840s like Wybrit did >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    ajaan's laughter is merely to cover up the fact that he wishes he had collected George III crowns as struck by the mint, which he could have done when he was a teenager. Now, he has to be content with circulated ones. image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.