Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Mercury dime sets

I almost lost 14th place. Look at all that red. Where is all that money comming from? Anyone have a few bucks to spear please send to my address, please sent soon before I drop below 14.

Good to see all the Mercury dime sets getting more complete by the day.

PCGS added my new coins for me, because they were reciently graded.
Thanks PCGS staff!

Pat Vetter
Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    I just added two more coins and I am still trying to break into the top 20. Talk about fast, I just added two of my 5 updated coins tonight and they are showing already, in under 3 hours!!!

This is a great set, but everyone seems to be interested.

Now I know you all want FB coins, so just let me have the No Bands ones without bidding them up too far.... (tongue firmly in cheek)

But seriously, anyone upgrading to a FB coin, I am always interested in a No Bands you may no longer need.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gad Pat, do you have pull! The PCGS staff adds your coins--I am impressed. Pretty soon your name will be flashing on the set registry page!

Those are a couple of nice coins you added. You know, it strikes me that we are adding to our sets at about the same rate. I don't know about you, but I am pretty happy with how my set is progressing. (Though with a couple of potential exceptions, I probably will have very little to add until the March ANA show!) And, I think this set is progressing largely because of the banter and competition from the dime collectors here. I guess this is what PCGS means when they tell us to "have fun" with their registries.

Mark
    Mark

• GO PAT GO!~!!!!imageimage
    Aint it fun.......
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Maybe the Mercury set will be like last year's modern type race? I spent all year buying coins for that set. I started out in 5'th place and ended the year at about 7'th image
  • DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Carl,

I think many of us will slow down when it comes time to buy all the keys and semi keys. It is not just a matter of dollars (although it is for me) but rather finding the right coin.

How many more sets are going to come in half completed or more? I know there are probably quite a number of them out there, we just havent seen them. I welcome all the new additions as it has really added to the excellent group here.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • tggrtggr Posts: 748
    Way to go Pat.

Rayimage
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the way everyone encourages each and everyone to improve there set weather in 2nd or last. The Mercury dime set collectors have to be one of the best groups on the board.image
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning: Have only seen one of you over on the New NGC Forumns. You should check them out atleast. Take Care: Ken
  • whats NGC's website? I need to sell off some of my slabs there I guess as no one on this forum seems to like NGC here image
  • I just looked at the NGC site and couldn't find any forum. I was going to check it out.

Since I don't know how to post a link, here is the URL:
    http://www.ngccoin.com/index.asp

If anybody can find the forums, please post the URL or a link. I would like to check it out for grins.

Thanks,
    a2labmom
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try useing This Edit To Add This: http://boards.collectors-society.com
  • Hello everyone,
    I`m new to the message boards,but not to Pat (and some others I`m sure!).Hey Pat,Where do you find all those Gemmy Mercs.?You must have connections with some of the greatest coin dealers around! Or, do you know some Eagle-Eyed sharpshooter who picks these cherries at the shows and auctions? image
    Anyhow,I looked in the p.o. box the other day, and to my surpriseimage, there was this 1923 Merc in ms-66 FB!image I think it might impact that growing set you have,or should I get greedy and offer it to the other set-builders for the highest bid?image Just kidding! I`ll see you tomorrow(?),let me know here or by e-mail or by phone(It`s the thing attached to your wife`s ear/or your ear-not sure which... about 95% of the time!image That was a joke!
    imageimageimage
    This is fun and informative...wish I found it sooner! Jim
    A dealer once asked me if I noticed any three-legged buffalos on the bourse,to which I replied,"...no,but I saw alot of two-legged jackasses..."