Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2006 Topps Football Error-No Name

Picked up a box of 2006 Topps Football Hobby, for $25 at the local shop. Ripped it tonight, and "pulled" 9 cards that do not have the name. The cards have the imprint for the names, but no silver.

Should I write a letter to Topps? Will they replace the cards, all are RC's, mainly second tier types.
Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!

Comments

• Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    Ok trying photobucket, let me know if the image is visible. image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my knowledge, they will only replace cards in the same year of production.

It's quite a task with all the issues they have to handle returns - but it doesn't hurt to try.

If you've never done it - here's the address:

Topps Return:

1. Address: Topps, 401 York Ave., Duryea, PA, 18642-2035 - 800-489-9149; for replacement also put ATTENTION: Consumer Relations.

2. If you want to return "card for card" exchange - limit it to 25 cards - list the cards by number in order.

3. They would like to see a receipt or the UPC code cut out from the box.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    A guy that I work with's mother in Law works at Topps I will see if she can give me an answer on that .

Man that would be a place I would love to work at !

I would want to take home case after case though .

The other day he told me that his mother in law gave him that Topps Jeter Error card with Mantle and Bush in a chrome refractory .

Not a bad card !
  • Options
    The only time I sent anything to Topps was in 2005, when I got shorted out of an Auto from the All American set. I had to send all the wrappers, box, etc to get the auto card. They sent me a Brad Muster, but I actually like the ole Bear fullback. lol

I will try the same thing, and see what happens.
  • Options
    The other day he told me that his mother in law gave him that Topps Jeter Error card with Mantle and Bush in a chrome refractory .

That proves that "error" was not an error but an intentional creation.
  • Options
    "That proves that "error" was not an error but an intentional creation"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Absolutely !

But how the heck can they make a mistake like that ?

• Options
    ok mailed off the empty wax box, wrappers, and damaged cards.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The other day he told me that his mother in law gave him that Topps Jeter Error card with Mantle and Bush in a chrome refractory .

That proves that "error" was not an error but an intentional creation. >>

stunning revelation! ;-) how they could ever claim it as a true error was ridiculous. apparently they never fired the QC person who made the same mistake with the Red Sox team card this year.
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    You might have been better off keeping them as is I have a 2006 52 style auto Pedro Zamora card-not auto'd but it has the Topps sticker on the back and a 2007 Contenders Glenn Martinez auto but someone forgot to put the sticker on lol. They fit nice into my error collection I have seen those type errors b4 prolly the stamper was out of foil for a minute.
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭

<< <i>You might have been better off keeping them as is I have a 2006 52 style auto Pedro Zamora card-not auto'd but it has the Topps sticker on the back and a 2007 Contenders Glenn Martinez auto but someone forgot to put the sticker on lol. They fit nice into my error collection I have seen those type errors b4 prolly the stamper was out of foil for a minute. >>

Pedro Zamora? Joel Zumaya even!

Mike, you crack me up.
  • Options
    Why not keep them? You can probably get the cards with names on them very easily through the auction sites but I imagine that the no name fronts might be hard to come by. IMO
  • Options
    Update:

Topps sent my empty boxes, wrappers and letter back to me. They said they can't replace the cards because they are not from the current year.

Kinda a pain, I thought at least they would send me some packs of Topps Total or some other low-end product. Guess not. I have had much better luck with Upper Deck's customer service.
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    I would be interested in one card for my type card error collection. Trade you a 1991 Topps Emmitt no print on front. LMK Mike
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    nflhofnflhof Posts: 189 ✭✭
    You should be happy they sent the errors cards back to you, in the long run they will be more scare than the replacments they did not send you. I think Topps did you a big favor. The Jones Dew card should be a wanted item.
  • Options
    Here's my NNOF. Cost me 4x what the normal version sells for.

imageimageimage