Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Lincolns collectors: What would a PCGS MS67 1917 DDO sell for.........

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
.......... in today's market?

Comments

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MY WAG would be more than $125,000 since the pop report only shows 2 and the price guide is showing $110,000.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    sounds about right
    Young Numismatist ............................ and growing!
  • Options
    I have seen one of them (not Gerry's) in person. It is quite a coin! The owner is willing to sell it but not cheaply. I think he may have turned down something like 150K.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Not sure but a 66RD is only worth 35k or so. Maybe 100k +/- for one of the two 67's?
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

THE OWNER OF THE 1917 DDO THAT JAIME IS DESCRIBING IS FULL OF $HIT.HE was offered 125 K for the coin and turned it down.Another 1917 DDO in ms 67 coin was made and sold for 70K.
    I would be interested in the coin but the owner either does not want to sell it or loves to make up stories about his coin.

Stewart

ps My take is to put the coin in auction unreserved but the owner does not have the "Testicular heft"
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew:

What kind of stories? I am not aware of any stories about this 1917DDO cent.

Thanks,

Ore
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he means "make up stories" about the value of the coin. Not that there is a mysterious story around the coin. I could be wrong ...
    Doug
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    IN NEW YORK WE SAY $HIT OR GET OFF THE POT

DOUG IS CORRECT

STEWART
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, ok thanks.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the interesting replies.

It would be interesting to see what one of these coins would bring at a no reserve auction.

For those who have seen the two MS67's which is the more attractive coin? Further, how do the two MS67's compare with the MS66 examples?