Home Sports Talk
Options

NO MAS! Japanese Style

stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
Link

Japanese school team hit for 66 runs in two innings
Apr 17, 10:17 am EDT

Buzz Up PrintTOKYO, April 17 (Reuters) - A Japanese high school pleaded for a regional game to be abandoned after surrendering 66 runs in less than two innings, local media reported on Thursday.

The coach of Kawamoto technical high school threw in the towel to spare his pitcher’s arm with his team losing 66-0 with just one batter out in the bottom of the second.

The hapless hurler had already sent down over 250 pitches, allowing 26 runs in the first inning and 40 in the second before Kawamoto asked for mercy.

“At that pace the pitcher would have thrown around 500 pitches in four innings,” Kawamoto’s coach was quoted as saying. “There was a danger he could get injured.”

Opponents Shunshukan were officially credited with a 9-0 victory, giving the scoreline a tinge of respectability for the luckless Kawamoto school. (Writing by Alastair Himmer; Editing by Justin Palmer)
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought only the Mets lost games that bad.
  • Options
    I was just pm'd by the moderators and they stated to not post any more bad jokes about the Mets in this thread.
  • Options
    I just read on the Mets website that their scouts are off to Japan to try to sign those pitchers who gave up the 66 runs, in an effort to improve the Mets pitching staff.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, 250 pitches is fine for a kids arm to handle, but 500, you're asking for trouble.
    Travis
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    the first inning wasn't enough, then he lets the kid go out for 40 more runs in a third of an inning????? i would think the first 10 runs in the 2nd woudl be enough to take the kid out.

how could the kid throw 250 pitches in about what 45 minutes???
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, 250 pitches is fine for a kids arm to handle, but 500, you're asking for trouble. >>

Ya think!?!?!

edited to add: If others can't see the sarcasm oozing out of my post, take a shot of chilled silver Patron and read it again.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Japan does it different than here, remember the talk of Dice k's big pitch counts. having said that, 250 freaking pitches for a kid is just idiotic.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey