Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

This is guaranteed to be a dumb question, but...

I just ripped a box of 94 Topps baseball, and got a Black Gold Rdemption card. Yes, I know the exp. date is 13 years ago, but I was curious if anyone has tried to still turn in an old redemption card like this and Topps honor it?

Oh, and if anyone needs anything not Braves related from 94 Topps (or 92 Leaf which I also got yesterday), let me know.
Atlanta Braves, Charlotte Hornets, Shawn Kemp, Dale Murphy, and Bobby Engram.

Comments

• BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    What redemption is it?
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I've never tried to turn in a redemption that old, so I can't help with that part of your question.

Oh, and I need:

1994 Topps:
    102-BJ Surhoff
    743-Pat Watkins
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Topps won't honor it, I'm sure they cleared out the black gold winner sets long ago.

If it's nice somebody might want it for a registry set of some kind - maybe post a scan and you might get a buyer.
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    In many cases the redemption cards are worth more than the sum of the redeemed set.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In many cases the redemption cards are worth more than the sum of the redeemed set. >>

Very true, the ABCD set consistently brings $50+, most of the value coming from the redemption card that was returned with the set.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    I need a 94 Topps Corey Snyder!

Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, and if anyone needs anything not Braves related from 94 Topps (or 92 Leaf which I also got yesterday), let me know. >>

I'll take any Pucketts. I need a couple nice condition 92 Leaf Black/Gold Pucketts for my registrey sets.

Mike

Kirby Puckett Master Set

Here it is (ignore the scratch through the Puckett, it's on the case). Is it worth trying to sell? PMs sent on requests for Puckett and Snyder.
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I guess I should have not put a wink by my request for cards. I was was not joking, those are the only 2 cards I need from that set.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Any other feedback on this card? Is it worth anything?
  • kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    Put it up on Ebay and find out the price. Maybe someone out there will buy it.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!