Home Sports Talk
Options

are the mets in trouble?

where,s the bats and whats up with the starting pitch staff? hope thier on a win streak when my texas tickets come around.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The short answer is "Yes"
  • Options
    The long answer is "Yes indeed"
  • Options
    The reason is teams with too many mercenaries, don't win championships.
  • Options
    <<< are the mets in trouble? >>>

I nominate this for TOTD (Thread Of The Day) and perhaps one of the greatest threads of all time.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Are you drunk again?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Are you drunk again?

Steve >>

I think the Mets might already be done. Randolph gets fired a little later this season, probably - and maybe that gives the Mets a spark but I hope it's too late. And I hope the Marlins don't decide to suddenly have a good season. Not worried though...Phils are sittin' pretty, Very Pretty.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SteveK has clearly lost his mind again...Mets will have a ten game lead by the All Star break...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>SteveK has clearly lost his mind again...Mets will have a ten game lead by the All Star break... >>

Mets a 10 game lead by the All Star break? Jerry must be swallowing LSD sugar cubes by the dozen. LOL
  • Options

Mets a 10 game lead by the All Star break? Jerry must be swallowing LSD sugar cubes by the dozen. LOL

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Sillies below .500 now...

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    dirty sanchez came back last night. his speed wasnt what it was but the movement on his pitches were nasty! pelfrey seems to be learning how to pitch!

and jose reyes said tonite he is going back to himself. screw the other team if they dont like my attitude!!

i thought that was great for beltran to tell reyes. go back to ebjoying the game bc thats the way we all want you to play! hmm is that a smack towards willie?
  • Options
    Lets go Yankees! image

Giovanni
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    ....No, but the Sillies are.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Mets win in 14, sweet!!

• Options

<< <i>Mets win in 14, sweet!! >>

Mets seem to be winning the extra inning games this year - I'll give 'em credit where credit is due, not that they're going anywhere after the regular season or anything like that. The Mets of course will choke when it really matters later in the season - it's etched in stone.
  • Options
    doin better than yanks.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Wright is off to a fast start
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    stevek .....I think its time for you to go crawl back in your hole again.