Home Sports Talk
Options

Who would like to see a Celtics v. Lakers NBA Championship series?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
I would.

It would be a fun trip down memory lane and I suspect that if it happened, there would be a large turnout of past Celtics and Lakers players, both Superstars and second stringers, turning out in droves to watch the 2007-2008 edition of the teams play for a Championship Ring.

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celtics - Suns. Re-match of 1976!!
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Sure, why not?

There could be a panal discussion between the players from the old teams talking about the past and their projections about the
    current series of games.

A pregame one on one between Magic and Bird would be fun and attract a lot of attention that is for sure. Don't know about Bird but
    Magic looks quite overweight these days but I think he can still play.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    Celtics and anyone will be good for me!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    obviously, this is what the NBA and ABC want. this is also what the casual fan would want. as long as the celts come out from the east, says the NBA/TV executive, we'll be fine. LA-BOS, PHX-BOS and Dallas-BOS would garner the most attention. Perhaps followed by LA-CLEV with lebron vs. kobe. Most wouldnt want a san antonio, houston or utah- pistons matchup. New Orleans would be great because they have a well balanced team...but, unfortunately, most casual fans dont know who chris paul or david west are.

I personally wouldnt mind seeing any matchup that does not include cleveland. Lebron is great, but the team is far too one dimensional and simply does not, from a team perspective, put on a good game. frankly, i would rather see det and san antonio go at it again rather than seeing cleveland back in the finals.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Major Danby. I'm a Cleveland fan and am not here to dispute you....I was at the game yesterday when they played Miami, and what a yawner it was....I don't think anyone needs to worry about them getting into the finals again. Heck, I'm worried about them keeping homecourt over Washington....they seem to be a team with no identity now and it doesn't look like they don't have any team chemistry. Lebron won't do it by himself this year....
  • Options
    I vote for Dallas & Boston. I want to see Cuban cry and whine like a 3 year old girl.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The roles of the two trades for LA & Boston would be a good angle too. Plus, I can't get enough of Jack Nicholson courtside.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    I would love to see anybody vs. the Cavaliers image

Giovanni
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember seeing Mark Cuban on TV last year as the seconds ticked away during the Mavericks loss to the Warriors in round 1 of the playoffs.

In a word, "Priceless".

Thus seeing the Mavericks get bounced out of the playoffs again this year would be worth the price of admission just to see Cuban's face.

TV would probably love to see Celtics and Lakers. So would I.

As long as the Celtics come out of the east, I will be happy with the Championship round, regardless of who comes out of the West.

Just watching the 8 western conference playoff teams battle it out will be a treat.
  • Options
    O-Town!!!

I went to the game the other night vs. the Bulls in Orlando and they wooped em by 32. I think that they're a sleeper in the east. While you guys have mentioned the 1,2 and 4 seeds, you have failed to mention Orlando! We're 2-1 vs. Boston, killed Cleveland twice most recently and are 3-1 overall vs. them, 1-1 vs. the Lakers, 1-1 vs. N.O., etc.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    No way. I'm rooting for a New Orleans v. Atlanta Finals, which has a 0.00000000000000001% chance of happening.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    Celtics vs. Suns would be pretty fun to watch.
  • Options
    Being from LA, my answer is biased. I hope this could be a Lakers vs. Celtics rivalry for the next several years.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I'm a LA Laker fan, born and raised there and I would love to see the Celtic vs Lakers, and I know the TV networks would be very pleased.
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more likely to happen... But the Pistons are a great team too...
    GO LAKERS !!!
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    That would be a dream come true.

-David Stern
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15