Home Sports Talk
Options

Anyone excited about Hopkins-Calzaghe?

Who do you guys think will pull it out?

I'm a big B-Hop fan so I'm thinking the ageless wonder that he has become will pull it out. He made Wright look like a punk last year and I have a feeling he'll do the same to Calzaghe.

Comments

• Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    I have no idea who you are talking about. image
  • Options
    Wow, you guys have pages and pages on freaking WRESTLEMANIA but no one cares about a REAL sport?!

Hopkins
    48 Wins, 4 Losses, 1 Draw, 32 Knockouts

Calzaghe
    44 Wins, 0 Losses, 32 Knockouts

They're fighting for Calzaghe's super middleweight title belt this Saturday night, April 19th, on HBO.

• Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Boxing is just a niche sport these days in the US, at one time it was a big thing but not anymore.

I remember the good old days but they are gone.
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Boxing is as fixed as wrasslin and wrasslin is more entertaining. MMA is better than both.
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Hopkins-Calzaghe sounds like a disease you get when you're old and no, I wasn't excited about getting it either.
  • Options
    Look, another undefeated fighter! Whoopee! He had a perfect plan. He hid out in England his entire career to build up his record and now comes to the United States for a big payday against a washed up fighter. I'll let you know what happens ahead of time, so you don't have to waste your time watching.

They'll get in the ring, slap each other around for 12 rounds, go to the scorecards, Calzaghe will win a unanimous decision and Hopkins will announce his retirement after the fight. They'll show the results in a little BREAKING NEWS box on the bottom corner of ESPN and nobody will even notice.

I think MMA has reached it's peak too!

• Options
    i think Hopkins in 6 ko

Lou
    Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.