Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is this an IKE 1972 Type 2?

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but have enjoyed the discussions here.

I went to a local show today in Melbourne, Florida and found what I think is an IKE 1972 Type 2 for $1.25. It looks quite nice in hand - close to uncirculated, but has spent some time in the dealer's bargin bin, so is probably AU. Can anyone offer an opinion on this?

I've attached two images I tool with my new QX-3 microscope (bought after reading about it here). One taken at 10x and one at 60x. Since I've never posted pictures here before, I'm hoping they come through OK.

Successful Forum transactions with: jwitten, liefgold, goldcoin98. shortrgapbob, abitofthisabitofthat, Duxbutt, Morgansforever, Elkevvo, Dunerlaw, Pwrful4, Billet7, AUandAG, pragmaticgoat, MPLunatic, Rob41281, holeinone1972, AnkurJ, OregonCityGold, Inditonka, Colorfulcoins, cohodk, Mission16, kieferscoins - though I haven't been active on the forum since before COVID.

Comments

  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

    Yes, that is a type 2. Congratulations on the nice cherrypick!
  • Options
    YES - I agree - definitely a Type 2 - congrats - nice find!!!!
    currently putting together a EF/AU/BU 18th & 19th Century Type Set; and CC Morgan Set

    just completed 3d tour to Iraq and retired after 28+ years in the US Army
  • Options
    CoinshowmanCoinshowman Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
    Successful Forum transactions with: jwitten, liefgold, goldcoin98. shortrgapbob, abitofthisabitofthat, Duxbutt, Morgansforever, Elkevvo, Dunerlaw, Pwrful4, Billet7, AUandAG, pragmaticgoat, MPLunatic, Rob41281, holeinone1972, AnkurJ, OregonCityGold, Inditonka, Colorfulcoins, cohodk, Mission16, kieferscoins - though I haven't been active on the forum since before COVID.
  • Options
    picks were fine. little small
    yepper thats a tye 2 all right, good find
    congrates
    john
    References

    Loe-steelielee-bought 690. sale
    nate-grandrapidian-bought 70. sale
    Paul-commoncents-3500+ sales
    Ken-jfoot-sold-125.00 sale
    Mike-mozeppa-bought 1080. sale
    Dave-Badger-sale 560.00
    Lochness-sale 1,000. 00
  • Options
    Congratulations

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file