Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

When exactly, did the 1960-D, Full Step Jefferson Fiasco take place?

You know... the coin that was given full page Coin World advertisement, only to be pulled from auction and taken off the market by PCGS as a mistake?

I am thinking it was about 2005... can anybody verify month and year??
"Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
and they're cold.
I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
Mary

Best Franklin Website

Comments

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have a picture of this coin and if they do can they post it here

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing like resurrecting a thirteen-year old thread that didn't have any replies! Yikes!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

@TomB said:
    Nothing like resurrecting a thirteen-year old thread that didn't have any replies! Yikes!

:smiley: it was the first one on the list, however the reason is I know of a guy who may have found one, and I'd like to see a comparison

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW....bushmaster8 is back!
    I was perusing the threads and noticed the familiar avatar, had to laugh.

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OldEastside said:

@TomB said:

:smiley: it was the first one on the list, however the reason is I know of a guy who may have found one, and I'd like to see a comparison

Steve

Does "that guy" have any pics of the coin and the steps?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OldEastside said:

@TomB said:

Steve

What good would a picture of a coin that is NOT full steps be?

• Options

@bolivarshagnasty said:

@OldEastside said:

@TomB said:

Steve

Does "that guy" have any pics of the coin and the steps?

Ya, he does, I asked him to post over here and he's thinking about it, however if you have Facebook there is a sight called "Jefferson Nickel Collectors" and he has a post with pics...............my only interest is seeing one made and it may have a chance...........maybe...........but the past fiasco with this date would put such a coin under intense scrutiny and bias from EVERYONE. I would love to post the pics........But it's not my coin

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw it on Facebook and would like to see better closeup images but looks like a possibility.

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file