Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just Another Alert to More Fraudulent Auctions for Mantles, Gehrigs, etc.

2»

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    . I am saying that
    the responsible/prudent/honest action to take in the circumstance is to LISTEN
    to somebody who knows there is likely a problem.

I again wholeheartedly agree, i even said as much here and in my emails
    to the seller.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Storm, let me say I also value the knowledge you bring to the table.image
  • Options
    Because I emailed Anthony in a way that did not accuse him of anything he has again emailed me asking for advice.

I won't paste the email here but have copied it and will show it to storm. The guy is a good seller that bought these cards and
    had no idea they were wiwaged on him.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Oh and one more thing I should (and will) email him and tell him that he should thank JackWESQ for seeing this first
    and saving his ebay reputation.

all along I felt that this guy had no idea what he had.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Done

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Hello everybody,

My name is Anthony Luzzi and I am the one who I guess started all of this. I bought these so called genuine cards and just received them last Friday. They were listed that night so I could get the process going to sell them. Let me answer a few questions. The poor scans were do to my piss poor scanner, not becuase I was trying to hide something. I priced them the way I did knowing I would get offers lower that I wold have accepted. And the no Buy it Now was do to the fact I did not want to pay all the PayPal fees, not that I was trying to scam the system. Needless to say, I had no idea when I bought these that they were frauds and that such cards were out there. I do appreciate the comments given to me. I was really caught off guard that first night and responded in a way that I regret now. Hope anyone I offended accepts my apology. Let me say that I am NOT a Dealer, in fact I have never even set up at a card show before. I've been collecting for over 20 years but this was my first real encounter with Vintage Graded Cards. I've learned a lot and am now concerned with getting my money back. I am a husband and father of three who was trying to get a deal that I could turn around for some extra cash. Any feedback would be appreciated and feel free to e-mail me at ANTLU23@yahoo.com. If anyone would like to talk by phone, e-mail me and I will give you my cell phone number. Again sorry to create this problem.

Anthony
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Anthony!

I tried messaging you thru ebay (71cardfan) but for some reason they blocked my recent attempts.

Here's a thread on network54 that says a lot about the craigslist scam cards.

There's others there also, but that's a good place to start.

There are some people here who are pretty sharp about cards and are usually very glad to help. We also kind of watch each other's backs, which is why the thread was started. They spot scams pretty quickly.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Anthony

Welcome and thanx for coming here and talking with us. Classy response BTW.

Based on your FB, I figured you were caught in the middle of something bad.

I'm sorry to hear about this and hope you get your money back - where did you pick these cards up from?

I wish you all the best - don't be a stranger - this is a great place to pick up information, exchange ideas/thoughts on the hobby and just hang on a crappy day when it's too foul to be out of doors! image

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "I'm sorry to hear about this and hope you get your money back - where did you pick these cards up from?"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ditto
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards Anthony.

Steve
    Good for you.