Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post any new Walking Liberty Half Dollar images..

Comments

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have shown this one before.

Back from the dead!
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

This might be a KILLER coin, but it's kinda hard to tell from the images.image
  • Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    I sent in eight raw halves from my Dansco album
    which I had saved for years - although I got a
    couple of Genuines [ which puzzeled me ] here
    are the the True Views I did receive:

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

The United States of America
    Grade: AU55
    Mintage: 548,000
    PCGS Price GuideSM Value: $13,500

>>

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monstrous coins, Mike. Looking forward to seeing them at Summer FUN.
    And if you want to blow out any of those 'no grades', give me a holler - I like all of them!
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    mfh, nice 21D & S.

I have so far to go with my sets...

• Options
    Just another circulated common date Walker image
  • Options
    FullHornFullHorn Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Three years plus since anyone posted a Walking Liberty Half Dollar.

The Barber thread is now well over 5,000 posts. When this thread was
    started, there were only 1,700 posts on the Barber thread.

Does this mean that no one likes to show off their Walkers ??

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

MJ

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool thread. I love MJ's coin.

I can think of a few that should get posted here-- Oreville's 1921 or JBN's 1919. I don't have any new images but will try to keep it going with one of my favorites:

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    I don't have many, but I just picked this one up because I liked the look:

• Options
    GABGAB Posts: 641
    NT or AT? image

Golf time!!
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Three years plus since anyone posted a Walking Liberty Half Dollar.

The Barber thread is now well over 5,000 posts. When this thread was
    started, there were only 1,700 posts on the Barber thread.

Does this mean that no one likes to show off their Walkers ?? >>

• Options

MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I re-photographed these last year with my DSLR and never posted them... Enjoy image

1918-S Partial Collar.

1919-S Partial Collar.

1934 Centered Broadstrike.

1942 Uncentered Broadstrike.

1944 Tilted Partial Collar.

1944-D Struck In Chunk Of Silver Retained.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

MJ

• Options
    gummibeargummibear Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Here are a few of my latest buys.
    Richard
    imageimage
    imageimage

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭
    My only MS example.....

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only have a few. Here's a 65.
    Lance.

imageimage
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

MJ >>

Wow, that is awesome. Look at that strike!!!!!!!!! And with color also! Dang......

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this WLH dedication thread does not have the staying power of the Barber half thread because the later WLHs are not collectible in lower grades, while the Barbers are collectible in all grades for all dates.

Nevertheless, thanks for resurrecting this thread.

These are Heritage pictures. Here is lot description: "The frosty, silver-white surfaces are brilliant and impeccably preserved on this nearly flawless Premium Gem. A bold strike, including a split thumb and good details on the head, complements the immaculate appearance. Those characteristics make this piece a prime candidate for cherrypicking."

Previously in the very nice Joseph C. Thomas Collection.

The coin in hand has that classic 'old silver' look. The fields are also textured, or 'pebbled', or medallic. Personally I prefer this look to the smoothed fields adopted later in the series.
    The strike at Liberty's hand is very strong, and most of her cap's detail are present. This is a nice coin, and I'm proud to have it as my collection's inaugural piece.

• Options
    DaggoBDaggoB Posts: 332 ✭✭
    The only one I own

• Options
    After a six-month drought for Walkers, I recently bought one for my collection, but I don't have images yet. Between JBN, MJ, Walkerguy21D and quite a few other Walker enthusiasts (as well as MFH), we ought to be able to keep this thing going. Here's one I picked up last year:

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>omg >>

+ 1
    Geez that is just awesome and I expect nothing else from Breakdown
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Between JBN, MJ, Walkerguy21D and quite a few other Walker enthusiasts (as well as MFH), we ought to be able to keep
    this thing going. >>

True enough, breakdown, unfortunately I'm WAY too lazy to photograph most of my coins.

But here is one sold not too long ago to a forumite; not in the same league as your 19-D, but a respectable coin nonetheless:

And here is one Todd imaged for me, though even his impressive skills didn't quite capture the luster and true cameo contrast on this coin
    (16-S, NGC AU58....it was a raw coin in my Dansco for years):

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    Bringing the thread back to the top for the weekend, here is one of my 67+'s from Kathleen.

• Options
    Those are beauties boys. This one was from the Wheat collection that Pinnacle once handled. However, I got it from Legend. MJ

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought this lovely 1934-D walker half in PCGS/CAC MS-66 in a rattler slab from Bill Shamhart, Numismatic Americana.

The pictures do not do this coin justice. Thin original skin is sooo thick. This coin oooozes originality.

This will not be part of my main walker set but a separate mini set.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

MJ >>

All I can say to this is WOW!
  • Options
    Bringing the thread up for the weekend: Population news is that the seventh 45-S in 67 was certified. Note: Only 2 67s were graded back in 07.

Referring to the MS67 1940 from Justacommeman posted earlier and repeated in the previous post, I'll take this opportunity to show just how incredibly subtle the difference between a 67 and 68 can be. Please do not infer that I, myself, can tell the difference. Certainly not.

This is a MS68 1940 from the GBW and Jack Lee collections and currently pedigreed as Charles Schultz (not THAT Charles Schultz). Riveting in hand - a real looker.

I would surmise that Justacommeman's 67 is as riveting in hand. Sometimes the highest grade coins are really just a numbers' game......

Purchased from Pinnacle during their selling of the Charles Schultz collection in 2007. Pinnacle photos.

Here is the Pinnacle description from the Schultz sale catalog: "Here is yet another heart pounding MS68, with a rich yellow center surrounded by ice-blue with an added dollop of rainbow iridescence at the upper obverse rim. It is mark-free with full, booming luster. A sensational coin by all standards."

I agree with their assessment.

Over 60% of my WLH collection has been obtained through Pinnacle. It is impossible to fully express my appreciation to Christine Monk (who has moved on to Numismatic Americana) and Kathleen Duncan for their help - though I've tried my best to express this sentiment though letter and gift to both.

Having their help is integral to my immense satisfaction with my collection, as I'm simply a starry-eyed collector who LOVES this design and my history collecting the series as a kid through birthday gifts from my parents.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    1. I just happened to catch back up on this thread and read Jim's (JBN) post from Friday. Just wow, what a great coin pedigreed to the GBW collection.

2. Glad to see Joe posting some very nice WLHs. It is good to take a break from Buffalos once in awhile.

3. Here's a coin I purchased from Steve Twitty (rkfish here) at PQ Dollars a few years back. Central strike is slightly soft but the fields are semi-mirrored, lending a very cool appearance in hand that no photographer, not even Todd, could fully capture. I have been offered a number of MS67's but I just really like this coin and have no plans to trade out of it.

• Options
    That looks to be a beast. MJ
  • Options
    I believe this will be the first MS-67 1921 walker. The only one stickered by CAC. But it stays in this PCGS holder.

• Options
    oreville I was hoping you would be adding that Walker to this thread. What a coin. MJ
  • Options
    justacommem:

That 1921 walker now has two siblings, a 1919 and 1920 P mint PCGS/CAC MS-66.

What a trio of Philly Mint walkers!

• Options

<< <i>justacommem:

That 1921 walker now has two siblings, a 1919 and 1920 P mint PCGS/CAC MS-66.

What a trio of Philly Mint walkers! >>

I'd like to see the 1919! image
  • Options
    This 1919 is also in an OGH PCGS slab.

• Options

<< <i>This 1919 is also in an OGH PCGS slab.

image >>

Wow... Thanks! image
  • Options
    1920 is the only PCGS/CAC MS-66. It is awesome.

• Options

<< <i>1920 is the only PCGS/CAC MS-66. It is awesome.

image >>

Yeah that's not too shabby either! imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>1920 is the only PCGS/CAC MS-66. It is awesome.

image >>

Yeah that's not too shabby either! imageimage >>

The 19 and 21 are fabulous but the strike on this 1920 doesnt look strong enough to me unless its the picture.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file