Home PSA Set Registry Forum

HI EVERYONE, I'M NEW AND I'M STARTING MY FIRST GRADED SET

Hi my name is Ryan, I'm 17 years old, my ebay name is Yoshi_1. I like to collect hockey cards and have been a major collector for the past year. I have collected many nice vintage hockey cards and have all the sets from the 1980's and have now just started buying on eBay. I am going to try to put the 1954/55 Topps hockey set together because I have fallen in love with it. I purchased 3 boxes of Topps Heritage a few months ago and they sparked my interest. I have just started with the set and purchased a PSA 7 NQ Pronovost and some other high grade commons. There is a nice PSA 7 NQ Red Kelly ending on eBay tonight and I will probably snap that up. I was curious if anyone had any insight into this set? I hope to complete the set in the next few years.
Hi, I'm looking for any PSA 6 or higher 1954/55 Topps Hockey.

Comments

• Welcome to the board Ryan!

Looks like you have a good challenge ahead of you with the 1954 Topps hockey set. I hope you decide to register the set, I would really like to see more hocky sets registered. Who knows, mayby one day you'll pass Kirk Harris's (T-206 King) set. Good Luck!
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    that's a great set, yoshi. last year's heritage set probably boosted its popularity even further. psa 7 and up vintage hockey stuff isn't real common on ebay, but you might want to check www.teletrade.com for '54's. i know they've had howes and sawchuks from that set in their weekly thursday night auctions, and i think a worsley is coming up sometime soon.

and if you don't mind paying direct-from-dealer prices, you may want to check out these sites: www.champsandbums.com, www.ajcards.com and www.kepplerenterprises.com.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Thanks for the sites, I'll check them out.
  • 1954/55 topps hockey, thats a great set. i did have half the set in psa 7 (31 cards) but i have sence sold them off so i can work on higher grade sets. i bought most of them on ebay within about a 3 months (last may-july) so keep checking ebay, these cards will come up.
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Welcome! There are mostly baseball set collectors here, but there are also a handful of hockey guys and all input is valued.
  • 54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ryan,
    Its nice to see another fellow hockey colector. The 54' set is by far my favorite set also. Thats why I use 54topps as my ebay name. Unfortanately I had to break apart my 54 set due to personal reasons. I had half the set graded with most being 7's with a couple 8 and 6's scattered in. PSA 8's don't pop up on Ebay very often but 7's and 6's make thier way once and awhile. This is a very sensative set with the blus borders showing any evidence of chipping very easily. I do have 3 6's and some raw NM cards left over. If your interested drop me a line and i'll give you a quote. Good luck on your set.
    Mike
  • Hi, ya that sounds good. I have just started and have one PSA 7 Pronovost, a EX-MT Skov, a NM Mickoski and a EX-MT Jankowski. If you want you can tell me what you have and how much you want for them. That would be great, thanks.