Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Finally #1 All Time Finest - 1964 Topps Coins

This is the set I work the most at. I was previously # 1 but lost it for a while. The set has 3 Mantles and 2 each of Mays, Clemente and Aaron. I have 1 PSA 10, 142 PSA 9's and 24 PSA 8's. Most of the PSA 8's that I need to upgrade are low pops so upgrading is getting slower. I do not see these being discussed on the message board so I guess there is limited interest compared to cards but they are still pretty fun to collect.

1964 Topps Coin Set

Comments

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I have a set, ungraded, with the 3 Mantles ( two variations of the all star coin and the reguar coin), two Hintons and two Causeys. I think I have all the Topps coin sets, at least through 1994, including the 1956 pins and the 1980 "set' of 3 test coins.
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    mmyncmmync Posts: 678
    I have a bunch of the Topps & Salada coins that I just started going though last week. It's good to know that there actually some people activly collecting them, because it's not very often that I see people talking about them. Pm if you think of it.
  • Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    I have 3 sets of these on the registry now. My second set is complete and in a few days I will have an update to that set which should take it to over a PSA 8 average. The third set has a ways to go. I also have 3 sets of the 1971 coins on the PSA registry.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    congrats!!!! nice job
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Mike ......... Congrats on regaining the #1 spot and reaching 100% on this set ! I love these coins , had alot of them as a kid , but I threw alot of them away , thinking they would never be worth anything ! Saved my baseball cards thou ! What happened to Amua's set , as I follow alot of the sales on '64 Coins , and he has spent an ungodly amount of dough purchasing Psa 10's ????? Four Sharp Corners keeps flooding E-Bay with these , and seems to have a endless source of Coins ! Where do they all come from ? I would have thought that high grade coins would have been more scarce , what with nicks and rusting on the backs !!!! Anyway , terrific set ! I noticed you are a big Pirates fan ! You have a very nice collection ! .......... Dave ' Robbie' Robinsonimage
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    Robby,

As far the collector you mentioned, he does not have his set on the registry. He is probably missing some because I have never seen him buy anything less than a 9. I have 24 PSA 8's to keep my set complete. He seems to have unlimited money. I think he got the Gonzalez # 58 PSA 9 pop 2 and paid well over $1200. I did not see the end price. I just picked up a pop 3 coin for under $200. I do not have unlimited money and have done well waiting.

4SC has flooded ebay with these. It has actually helped bring the prices down as some of the low pops have gone up. Some coins I have seen of 4SC are not as nice as their grade indicates but that has been talked about many times in other threads. I have passed on some of their coins for that reason.

I love the Pirates. They may not win another World Series in my lifetime but I have seen them win 2 so I am happy with that.
  • Options
    mmyncmmync Posts: 678
    Anyone have any good scans (Front & Back) of an 8, 9 and 10 that they could post?