Home Sports Talk
Options

Where's all them chirpin' canary Mets fans at?

stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can't hear you?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Bout time you posted. Little slow these days, aren't we.

But as you so eloquently statedpreviously:

"I ain't the least bit worried."

Los Mets are just waiting for that warmer Latin American weather to break out!! They can't play in this freakin' cold!

And of course, "He who laughs last, lasts best."

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>'Bout time you posted. Little slow these days, aren't we.

But as you so eloquently statedpreviously:

"I ain't the least bit worried."

Los Mets are just waiting for that warmer Latin American weather to break out!! They can't play in this freakin' cold!

And of course, "He who laughs last, lasts best." >>

Mets at 2 - 4. Are they trying to go 40 - 120 again? LOL
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I was gripping hard today, I had to root for Oliver Perez cause he is on my fantasy team. The Phils did Exactly what I needed them to
    do..nothing at the start and then blow up the relievers..BAM

Is there a scarrier top 4 than Rollins, Utley, Burrell and Howard? I mean DANG....murderers row all over again.

JS
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    utley is a little league girl. how many times can he lean into a pitch? umps are gonna call him on strikes soon.

willie must go. and ive been saying this since 2005 when he didnt know how to make a double switch. i learn as i go he says???? well go learn managing another team!!
  • Options
    Mets management needs to learn how to assemble a winning championship baseball team. Obviously talent is necessary, but it's not a matter of just getting the best players, but getting the right players to win over a 162 game season. Right players who are skilled, and also motivated, and are a good fit together for a winning team.

Phillies have the right players. The Mets despite all their money, haven't figured out how to do it yet, and probably never will.
  • Options
    The Mets despite all their money, haven't figured out how to do it yet, and probably never will.

hmm mets have 2 rings! when the last time philly won anything at any sport?

still waiting for it?

still waiting for it?

still waiting......................
  • Options

<< <i>The Mets despite all their money, haven't figured out how to do it yet, and probably never will.

hmm mets have 2 rings! when the last time philly won anything at any sport?

still waiting for it?

still waiting for it?

still waiting...................... >>

Beginning to sound a little bit like Stalin with his constant revisitation of ancient history of the Bucs Super Bowl win. Anybody want to dwell on ancient history that's okay with me, but I'm focusing on the present of this season, and the future.

Go Phillies!!!!!
  • Options
    PS: I luv it when Mets fans are unhappy. ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha........................................
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Mets will win the East.

Sillies will add to the 10k in losses that they have.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

At 2-4, they would be on pace to finish 54-108, not 40-120.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

At 2-4, they would be on pace to finish 54-108, not 40-120.
    image >>

I stand corrected. I don't want Ed Kranepool, or the ghost of Casey Stengel to get upset
  • Options

I stand corrected. I don't want Ed Kranepool, or the ghost of Casey Stengel to get upset

You seem to know quite a bit of history about the Mets for a Philly fan...Personally, I think, deep down, in your heart of hearts, you still miss pulling for the blue and orange inside the friendly confines of Shea when you were a kid, back when they opened up the center field wall as an exit after the game.

• Options

<< <i>

You seem to know quite a bit of history about the Mets for a Philly fan...Personally, I think, deep down, in your heart of hearts, you still miss pulling for the blue and orange inside the friendly confines of Shea when you were a kid, back when they opened up the center field wall as an exit after the game. >>

Come on now...what good baseball fan who knows a little baseball history doesn't know Casey Stengel, Ed Kranepool, Marvelous Marv Throneberry and the rest of the lovable losers from the Mets early years. One thing about those players...they absolutely played their hearts out to win, but simply had way too little talent or were over the hill like an old Richie Ashburn.

But as you know, by 1969 they compiled one heckuva pitching staff with just enough bats there to win it all - one terrific success story.

-
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    utley is a little league girl

Utley will be MVP ....

The Phillies own the Mets.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    This thread is too funny. I'm laughing my arse off. You guys are funny.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't hear you?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL >>

Maybe they are in school studying grammar.
  • Options
    Phils getting ready to beat the Pets again in game two of what hopefully will be a 3 game sweep. But I'll still be happy taking 2 outa 3 at Shea.
  • Options
    Sillies sure putting on a clinic in the field tonight...Mets putting a beating on them right now, and SteveK must be crying in his beer. Don't punch the TV, Stevey boy, the glass is thick, LOL!!

• Options

<< <i>Sillies sure putting on a clinic in the field tonight...Mets putting a beating on them right now, and SteveK must be crying in his beer. Don't punch the TV, Stevey boy, the glass is thick, LOL!! >>

Very sloppy. Looking for 2 outa 3 tomorrow - I'll be happy with that.
  • Options

Very sloppy. Looking for 2 outa 3 tomorrow - I'll be happy with that.

Keep looking, Stevey boy...LOL!!

• Options
    "Don't punch the TV, Stevey boy, the glass is thick, LOL!! "
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is Effin Funny shiznit right there !
    I don't care who ya are .

It was the Seahawks /Raiders about 10 years ago , I was playing the card , I played 12 teams , 6 college , 6 pro , made it through all of Sat's college games , made it through all of sundays games and was just waiting on the night game in which I had the Seahawks and the points , the raiders were losin all through the game and I had it covered by a mile and a half , all of the sudden , the raiders come back to tie with the points in the last seconds of the game .

My landlord , my friends and my wife who wasn't my wife yet was over , well I went ballistic , I pulled the AK-47 out of the closet and proceded to 7.62 my television to smitherines right in front of everyone in the room !

I was lookin at a 10 K card with that game , I played 20 bucks on 12 picks @ 500 to 1 odds , I will never forget that night !

When I saw that post it instantly reminded me of that night image

Not to mention ripping the steering wheel off of my Lincoln that I had to use a set of Vicegrips on to get to werk the next morning , Lmgdao .

I used to have a really bad temper , thank God I have changed my evil ways image

A little bit
  • Options
    Man, that's a heartbreaker TNP, those tickets are hard enough to win on when you try 4 for 4, but 12 out of 12, wow.

I'm sure Stevey will chime in here, too, about the odds on that one, and what the odds were that you'd have even gotten piad off had you won. image

• Options
    Nah...I'm just havin' some fun. Yea I root hard during the game, but after it's over then it's over. I'm working 10, sometimes 12 hour days and I wish I was kidding about that...making good money, hopefully I'll live to spend some of it. But this place helps me to let off some steam with some self-bragadocious or self-depricating posts..and if a few don't "get it" then I really don't give a chit.

Guys like Grote, Perkdog, Stown, Cornholio, BooPots, Keith & 1420, Kuhlmann, LMM and many others I like and enjoy talking smack with...They "get it" - the enjoyment of the forum and that's all that matters to me here.

Congrats to Mets fans taking 2 outa 3 - well deserved...but then again there's a long way to go in this season which should be a good one!

• Options
    SteveK, I'm just not sure how to respond to this maturity and sportsmanship on your part...in the name of the Sillies, please revert to ridiculing the Flushing Faithful. Thanks in advance! image

• Options
    hate to say this but umps finally gave us a break. it was a bang bang play. but i had it on dvr rewinded it over and over. id say reyes was out but no way the ump could of seen the tag to the back. he should of asked for help from 3rd base ump if that is allowed. but hey its not game 7 of the playoffs.

willie finally figured out how to use show! vs lefties not righties way togo willie +1 for today
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Don't hear no chirpin'? LOL
  • Options
    Chirp, chirp! image

• Options
    Here a year and a few months later, same ole song.

Kevin
  • Options
    We made Hamels look like a journeyman...now that your ace is spent, what are you gonna do?

Chirp!

• Options

<< <i>We made Hamels look like a journeyman...now that your ace is spent, what are you gonna do?

Chirp! >>

We have Jamie Koufax Moyer and
    Bast-ardo the great

who you want a piece of?

You can't hit either.
  • Options
    We have Jamie Koufax Moyer and
    Bast-ardo the great

• Options
    Carol needs to fix the sensors.

"He is my pitcher man."
  • Options
    At least Grote15 is out here taking the smack - other Mets fans are under the bed, hiding underneath their comforters and shivering in the dark. LOL.
  • Options
    At least Grote15 is out here taking the smack - other Mets fans are under the bed, hiding underneath their comforters and shivering in the dark. LOL.

I'm a glutton for punishment, Steve, LOL!!

• Options

<< <i>At least Grote15 is out here taking the smack - other Mets fans are under the bed, hiding underneath their comforters and shivering in the dark. LOL.

I'm a glutton for punishment, Steve, LOL!! >>

to be a REAL sports fan, ya gotta be to at least some degree. LOL
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At least Grote15 is out here taking the smack - other Mets fans are under the bed, hiding underneath their comforters and shivering in the dark. LOL. >>

It's 80 here, I ain't shivering image
  • Options
    Mower, so what went crashing into the tv tonight?

Kevin
  • Options
    here is a pictorial discription of Mets fan top of the 11th...

• Options
    Hey, what's my TV doing on the street?!!

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mower, so what went crashing into the tv tonight?

Kevin >>

Not a thing. Getting worked up over a game in June is plain stupid.

That's all there is to say about that
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, what's my TV doing on the street?!! >>

I've been through five TV sets already this season image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Mower, so what went crashing into the tv tonight?

Kevin >>

Not a thing. Getting worked up over a game in June is plain stupid.

That's all there is to say about that >>

Might as well get it out now, September isn't going to mean much when you are 12 back.