Home PSA Set Registry Forum

baseballs popped

thought these were appropriate. will show scans when received. one thing I was wondering, does anyone know what the SSB stands for?? these are the first baseballs I have had authenticated and I don't know.

1 81979332 2004 BASEBALL-AUTOGRAPH A KIRBY PUCKETT SSB - SWEET SPOT 8
2 81979333 BASEBALL - AUTOGR HANK AARON SSB - SWEET SPOT 8
3 81979334 BASEBALL-AUTOGRAP NOLAN RYAN SSB - SWEET SPOT 8.5
4 81979335 BSBAUTO REGGIE JACKSON SSB - SWEET SPOT 7.5

Comments

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't know. I would guess something like single signature ball? Nice work though!!!!!
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I really don't know. I would guess something like single signature ball? Nice work though!!!!! >>

single signature ball....sounds good to me.....and it is the truth, there was only one signature on each ball.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yep it means 'single signed ball'

Steve
    Good for you.
  • 262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a pic of the Aaron

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• NeilDowneyNeilDowney Posts: 840 ✭✭
    Hi Guys, I thought that they were not going to do the half grades on autographs. Perhaps I am mistaken. Neil
    I'll post photos when I get them back from PSA. al.
  • fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    neil, i think signed baseballs have been on a .5 scale since the beginning....

ps...are you working on t-201 still?
  • ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Nice job on those submits! I can clarify the grading on the balls. The signature and the ball each get a whole number grade. The overall grade is a combination of the two, thus opening the possibility of a half-grade. Almost always the overall grade is the average of the signature grade and the ball grade, but they reserve the right to add or subtract up to a point depending on "eye appeal." I have a couple that have been downgraded (less than the combined average) due to a personalization that is close enough to the signature so it can't be presented without seeing both the sig and the personalization. Mostly balls signed before the card show signing era have personalizations that are all over the place!

E
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
    thanks E, hope to have the balls arrive today and I'll post pictures.
    I usually use imageshack for posting pictures but it doesn't seem to be working today. are there any other sites I could use to post pictures at no charge??? thanks al.
    I've also listed the balls on ebay. Here is a link. I'll provide pictures here once I figure out a way to get them hereimage

balls
  • hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use photobucket easy and free
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
    thanks hankcaddy, I'll give it a whirl.
    I'm sure there is a way to copy a picture of the ball directly into this message but haven't figured it out yet. so if you'd like to look at any of the auto's click on the players name and it will take you to the picture....if someone can assistn further on how to copy the picture directly into this message I'd appreciate your help.. al.
    puckett

ryan

aaron

jackson
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    remove the stars from this: [*img] [*/img] and put the address in the middle
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Nice job--good luck with the auctions!
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm....I may have to bid on that Puckett.image
    I really like the Puckett myself. My brother actually met Kirby many years ago and spent some time with him. He was a great person in additiion to being a great ball player. al.