Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA Registry basketball sets available

Financial considerations require that I sell off my four registry basketball sets. I thought I would give all the thread members the first opportunity to purchase. My sets are listed under al and sandys sets and I placed a link below to the 1st set listed. ONce you get there you can check out the other sets. I estimated full prices based on the SMR below. If interested send a PM and hopefully we can work something out. thanks for the look.

al.

73/74 Topps - SMR over 7K - current 5th Finest set and 6th finest all time
77/78 Topps - SMR around 1500 - current 4th finest set and 4th finest all time
78/79 Topps - SMR around 1k - current 2nd finest set and 2nd finest all time
79/80 Topps - SMR around 1 K - current 5th finest set and 7th finest all time

al and sandys sets

Comments

• Options
    PM sent..my email is bobdriverside1@yahoo.com thank you!
    www.allpetsuppliesonline.com
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I've added a price next to each set. If I am being totally unreasonable I appreciate feedback. Just so that everyone is aware I have had two folks inquire about the 77/78 thru 79/80 sets and I will give them first preference if they find the prices agreeable. I plan to list the sets on ebay starting this Sunday. if you already contacted me please let me know if you are still interested before Sunday morning.

thanks

al.
    73/74 Topps - SMR over 7K - current 5th Finest set and 6th finest all time $4500
    77/78 Topps - SMR around 1500 - current 4th finest set and 4th finest all time $850 SOLD
    78/79 Topps - SMR around 1k - current 2nd finest set and 2nd finest all time $750 SOLD
    79/80 Topps - SMR around 1 K - current 5th finest set and 7th finest all time $750 SOLD
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    I think that your price on the 77-78 set is really close to what it should be. I did a little digging and came up with $844, was thinking of offering about $750 before you put the prices in. I just did a $2400 deal on some other cards for my Registry or I would have given it a shot, only question would be is it white back, gray backs or both? I do really like the white backs on that set!
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    The only set remaining is the 73/74 set. I have listed it on ebay. If interested here is a link. thanks to those who expressed interest. al.

auction
  • Options
    Those were some great prices for the buyers. I remember when I started building my 1977 set in 2003 ,with bidding wars, 20-30 for each psa 9. good luck selling your 1973 set
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options

<< <i>I think that your price on the 77-78 set is really close to what it should be. I did a little digging and came up with $844, was thinking of offering about $750 before you put the prices in. I just did a $2400 deal on some other cards for my Registry or I would have given it a shot,only question would be is it white back, gray backs or both? I do really like the white backs on that set! >>

I wish PSA would tell them apart. That way we would know the difference in pop. Plus it is just not the color the two are actually different kind of card stock.
    From what i have seen 95% or more graded are white stock.
    Don't really know if this is because gray is more scarce?
    What I do know is that the dealers that have graded most of the 1977 cards over the years have graded only white. Like the last major dealer that has graded 1000+, 4SC, have only graded white.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    From my experience with this set (bought and sold about a dozen sets and many singels), around 80%-90% of them are white backs. For the life of me I can't understand why PSA won't differentiate between the two. I've also busted a wax box and those were all white backs.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    Here in Massachusetts the wax only contained the gray stock. It was years later that I started to see some of the higher quality white stock at some shows. The colors really pop on the white stock, and it is much firmer material, less prone to flaking and chipping. Maybe it was a regional thing, or wax and vending was different? I have no idea, but I like the whites much better.
  • Options

<< <i>Here in Massachusetts the wax only contained the gray stock. It was years later that I started to see some of the higher quality white stock at some shows. The colors really pop on the white stock, and it is much firmer material, less prone to flaking and chipping. Maybe it was a regional thing, or wax and vending was different? I have no idea, but I like the whites much better. >>

Does anybody know?
    2 vending boxes and a pack I have open had white stock.
    For the white stock, in my experience I have actually seen many with chipping(front/back) even PSA 9.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends