Home Sports Talk
Options

A distinction the Tigers would rather not have

0-4 only team in MLB not to have won a game this season, no need to panic yet but this is kind of embarassing considering all
of the great expectations before the season began.

The will turn it around eventually.

Comments

• Options
    will warm up with weather
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    No 0-4 team has ever won the WS either. image According to ESPN anyhoo.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>No 0-4 team has ever won the WS either. image According to ESPN anyhoo. >>

Not a good sign, oh well, there is always next year.
  • Options
    I agree with the comment about the Tigers warming up as the weather warms up. Baseball like so many other things has its ups and downs. A long winning streak could erase the memory of the start we're having. I'm hoping for one of those any time now. At least its baseball season finally.
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    lets see what this post looks like in oct...i think we will be okimage
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The team needs to GEL!!!!!!!! Miggy just wants it to warm up before he decides to earn all that money!

Polanco needs to remember how to hit- at least while Granderson is out......
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>lets see what this post looks like in oct...i think we will be okimage >>

I agree, Tigers should do quite well this year...it's still Spring Training for some teams (including mine, unfortunately)
  • Options

<< <i>Not a good sign, oh well, there is always next year. >>

Must have been a Sox fan in a past life, giving up after the fourth game of the season.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not a good sign, oh well, there is always next year. >>

Must have been a Sox fan in a past life, giving up after the fourth game of the season. >>

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    0-5 and working on 0-6 tonight. just an Indians fan stopping by to say Hey!image
  • Options
    This is brutal men. I've dealt with numerous losing streaks with the Rays but nothing quite like this. It'll pass though, we have a long way to go to finish this year out!
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or is the "it's early," argument just a nicer way of saying it's okay to lose since it's the beginning of the season. Or better yet, just think of how many division titles/playoff spots have been lost by one game. But hey, who am I to talk? My Giants are 1-5 and are headed straight towards oblivion. At least the Tigers have hope. The Giants do not.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Just got back from Comerica. I'm officially worried. Can't really put my finger on it, but something just doesn't look / feel "right", and this was long before the score was 13-2.

-Tom
  • Options
    Let it warm up.

The story should be the White Sox and there great defense up the middle. 5 DPs and some great stops all around. Im surprised im saying this, but they look good. Just might compete.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    they are warming up just swept the yankess ...here we comeimage
  • Options
    geesh now we are sucking again...swept by minn...and now losing to the bosox...tuff team to understand this year...image
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>geesh now we are sucking again...swept by minn...and now losing to the bosox...tuff team to understand this year...image >>

Alright 6 in a row, 6 back of the White Sox, turning point for the Tigers, let's hope so!!
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    It only took 80 games, but the Tigers finally reached .500 at 40-40 after starting the season 2-10.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Yep, looks like they are finally starting to turn things around, it has been a brutal first half of the season for them.
  • Options
    Its a weak division; if the Tigers had any consistent pitching they would be on top of it. If they Indians hand any semblance of an offense they would have a shot too. But with Victor and Hafner down for the count, stick a fork in them they are done.
  • Options
    How about today's meltdown against the Rays? I believe Rodney walked 4 in one inning. At least Farnsworth was able to get the ball over
    the plate. Of course two of his pitches ended up getting slammed over the fence, but still the guy can throw strikes.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering if it was a good idea for the Yankees to trade Farnsworth for a decent now and once was great catcher for Farnsworth's sorry rear end? image
    Forget the idea that the Yankees were in desperate need for a catcher since Posada went down for the year .... image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240