Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question on 1973 Topps Comics/Pinups

I just got the Carlton Comic and am working on the Pinup. Safe to say this quest is about 18 years in the making. They just don't turn up very often. Anyway, my question:

Anyone have an idea of just how many Comics and Pinups were actually produced? I am real curious just how sparse the production output was.

Little help?
Always looking for 1967 OPC's.

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on picking up the comic!

I don't think either the comic or the pinup ever were actually in production.

I was lucky and found one of each for my Killebrew collection.

There can't be many around, I would guess 100-200 total and not many of them are going to become available.

Good hunting!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely no idea, although I think at least the comics were distributed in stores. Goodwin had a run of comics in his auction a few years ago but I don't think I'd seen any before or since. They can't be that common.
    Here's a pack, I'd only seen one before so I didn't hesitate when it was offered. I think '74 was about the last year of the run of Topps test sets. I've never seen a pinup pack.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Well I'll be darned, never saw the actual package. Thanks!

Must be a nice chunk of bubble gum, the comic is a bigger than I expected.

At least with coins you know the production run. With cards it seems to never be clear.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I love the comics! One of my favourite Carlton items is his 1973 Topps Comics. Glad you got one now, too, Joe.

Grats-

Cheers,
    Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Thanks Marc, you know I've been looking for a while for the comic.

It's not as nice as yours, I am hoping it grades a 7. But I have one!
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Here's my Pinups pack. I'm pretty sure that both my Comics unopened pack and Pinups unopened pack are Steve Carlton.

• Options
    bobsbbcards,

Interesting, so it's looks like they both had some kind of production run. The plot thickens...

Thanks!