Home Sports Talk
Options

Matt Leinart - beer bongs and babes in a hot tub

Pictures have surfaced on the internet showing Matt Leinart is just a normal 24 year old guy doing the kind of things you might expect
at that age. Not sure why this is a big deal exactly but "Mike and Mike" on ESPN this morning were sure talking about it a lot. I don't think
it has been determined if any of the women were underage.

Pictures at TMZ.com for those interested.

Arizona Cardinals Coach Ken Whisenhunt said Wednesday he was "disappointed" in Matt Leinart after Internet photos surfaced of the quarterback partying over the weekend at his Phoenix-area home.

In one of the shots, which first appeared on the websites thedirty.com and TMZ.com, Leinart posed with four young women in a hot tub. In another, he assisted a woman in using a beer bong.

"Matt called me early Monday morning to tell me that those pictures were coming out," Whisenhunt told reporters Wednesday at the league meetings. "He was obviously upset about it. But to me that's progress, the fact you did communicate with me.

"We talked about the level of scrutiny, not only that position, but who he is just because of having played at a high-profile college team and having been a Heisman Trophy winner. You would be naive if you didn't think those things would be of interest. We obviously reinforced there's a standard we hold all our players to that we expect them to keep. I'm obviously disappointed that those pictures showed up."

Despite his disappointment, Whisenhunt praised Leinart, a 24-year-old Heisman Trophy winner out of USC, for his effort this off-season.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe it's because of my age, but I don't really see much wrong with this whole thing. He's 24 years old, a pro quarterback and a millionaire, wouldn't you guys have been doing the same thing if you were in his shoes? I'm sure that stuff like this happened in the past but the paparazzi (sp?) crap wasn't as ridiculous as it is today. I can only imagine the fun that Namath was having in the offseason.

Also, if it was during the season and on a Friday night before a game, then you get pissed. However, the season is 5 months away so nothing is really hurting the team in the long run anyways, unless this becomes a recurring theme.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Just more evidence that the NFL-- specifically, the people who organize and manage it--take themselves way too seriously.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very upset about this. image

That I wasn't invited to the party. image
  • Options
    Whisenhunt sounds like he thinks he's Leinart's dad and Leinart's a high school kid.

"But to me that's progress, the fact you did communicate with me."

What a douche.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very upset with this also. I wasn't invited to the party. Sounded like fun.
    Mickey71image
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    I was expecting some pix.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>I was expecting some pix.
    image >>

They are easy to find.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for Matt!!!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good for Matt!!! >>

Who the eff cares?!? Seriously.

It's the off-season, he was getting his groove on with several chicks, and throwing a few back.

He wasn't promoting a dog fight, shooting bouncers, making it rain, nor doing situps in his drive way.

: yawns :
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Good for Matt!!! >>

Who the eff cares?!? Seriously.

It's the off-season, he was getting his groove on with several chicks, and throwing a few back.

He wasn't promoting a dog fight, shooting bouncers, making it rain, nor doing situps in his drive way.

: yawns : >>

And its been awhile so................

+1 for back to back posts w/SMOKIN' Chicks! image
  • Options

<< <i>+1 for back to back posts w/SMOKIN' Chicks! image >>

Make that back to back to back!

• Options

<< <i>

image >>

• Options
    I love your girls guys. My wife always seems to look over at the laptop when I' reading one of Perkdog's posts.image
  • Options
    I'd be pretty upset if a young man in his position was not doing this.
    I am a bit disappointed that there were only 4 women tho. image
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

I recognize that girl - she's a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

pandrews would hit that.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    That girl on the left in the hot tub looks like a younger version of Katie Couric.

Looks like everyone was having a fun time. image
  • Options
    Atleast they were pretty. People say Matt should be focusing on football right? Actually i think hes focusing on the right thing at the right time. Everyones a loud to have a little fun every now and then. The kids still young.

• Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    What a great photo. When his son grows up, he can say, "When I was home soiling my diapers, dear old dad was partying with hoochies."
  • Options
    Kid's got good taste. 4 hotties! I'm a bit envious.
  • Options
    I'd a been happy with just 3.
  • Options
    Im jealous!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    He is not a true NFL QB until he takes a tumble in his driveway or leaves his teeth in a ladies windshield while riding a motorcycle
    sans head protection.

Sincerely,
    Ben Grieseburger
  • Options
    Happy 29th birthday Matt!
  • Options
    Happy birthday Matt!