Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

CDsNuts says I should change this title 8 or 9 more times.

Guy is worthless so far.

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Guy is worthless so far. >>

TRADE HIM THEN

and regret every minute of it
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>Guy is worthless so far. >>

So far as in 4 games into the season?! Are you serious?
  • Options
    Yeah I am serious. He is so Overrated. I will trade him, for someone who knows how to hit the damn ball. HR or K with him everytime.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    yep - dude is definitely going 0-504 this year. Trade him as quickly as you can. I'd recommend (0 for) Juan Pierre as a replacement.
  • Options
    Red Sox have played what 3 games now.. Little early to be starting to worry.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>Yeah I am serious. He is so Overrated. I will trade him, for someone who knows how to hit the damn ball. HR or K with him everytime. >>

No way he's overrated. He'll hit .300 with 40 HRs and drive in 120 for you. And oh yeah, those are numbers for an off year.

Get Kotchman while you can, he's hitting .556 with a HR!!!!!!

Seriously though, if you try to trade him just find a Sox fan in your league (there'll probably be 3 or 4) and get a few guys for him. Let us know what you decide, because I'm curious about what someone will give you.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will revisit this thread in a few weeks when Papi is carrying his team with HR's,RBI's and BB's galore!
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    its possible he wont get a hit the entire year.....he may go 0 for 600...........
  • Options

<< <i>its possible he wont get a hit the entire year.....he may go 0 for 600........... >>

He is 1/2 today..
  • Options

<< <i>its possible he wont get a hit the entire year.....he may go 0 for 600........... >>

But its more possible that Pujols will be on the shelf any day now getting a brand new elbow.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    HOME RUN!!!!!
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭
    And 2 RBI's!
  • Options

<< <i>HOME RUN!!!!! >>

Gotta love the Jinx or Murphy's law sometimes huh!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Finally!! Can I wake up Prince Fielder now?
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>HOME RUN!!!!! >>

Gotta love the Jinx or Murphy's law sometimes huh!!!!!!!!! >>

sure do image
  • Options
    I wonder if David's ears were ringing right before he hit that?? Hmmmmm
  • Options
    Dumbest thread ever.

Last year his homeruns were down, but he still had arguably his best total offensive season.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>Dumbest thread ever.

Last year his homeruns were down, but he still had arguably his best total offensive season. >>

get my vote as well, fairweather fantasy fan
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Must have an early deficit in a head to head league, dude 3 days in the season if your this wound up maybe you should take a year off.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    more importantly what round did you draft him image

He wouldnt be my first pick, but he's definitely up there.
  • Options
    Ortiz has been my DH since his first year in Boston. Always fiishes in the top 10 batters and usually the top DH in our league....yes his skills are starting to slip a little as his nagging injuries increase, but other than maybe Travis Hafner, what DH would you rather have??? Aubrey Huff, Milton Bradley, Cliff Floyd, Craig Monroe, Jose Vidro...man this list is worse than I thought!! I wouldn't even consider dumping a proven vet until at least 6 weks into the season.

Patience......
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    he'll be fine always starts a little slow but when the weather gets warmer so does he. i usually pick him every year and dominate the DH spot in the league you will too.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Did you dump him?? If so I bet you are staring to regret the impatience with him.. Of course it has been Rangers pitching.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    If after these four seasons ...

SEASON TEAM G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
    2003 Bos 128 448 79 129 39 2 31 101 58 83 0 0 .288 .369 .592 .961
    2004 Bos 150 582 94 175 47 3 41 139 75 133 0 0 .301 .380 .603 .983
    2005 Bos 159 601 119 180 40 1 47 148 102 124 1 0 .300 .397 .604 1.001
    2006 Bos 151 558 115 160 29 2 54 137 119 117 1 0 .287 .413 .636 1.049
    2007 Bos 149 549 116 182 52 1 35 117 111 103 3 1 .332 .445 .621 1.066

and him being 32 at the start of the 2008 season, you saw this [projected] season coming:

SPLITS G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
    Projected 161 636 97 113 16 0 16 121 89 129 0 0 .177 .286 .278 .564

I would have said no way. But even with his horrific start, he is projected to have 121 RBIs; more than the 117 RBIs he had last year.

/s/ JackWESQ

P.S. But to answer your question, look at his numbers in 2003, 2005, 2060 and 2007, and that is why you drafted him.

• Options
    hey...did you trade him yet?

MEH
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love guys like whitesoxmike in fantasy leagues. They make it easier for the rest of us!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Hey he did just hit 2 homers!!
  • Options

<< <i>hey...did you trade him yet?

MEH >>

image I swear I was thinking about this thread after he hit his second HR!!!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    he will hit more as it gets warmer
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>I love guys like whitesoxmike in fantasy leagues. They make it easier for the rest of us!! >>

That must be why I am in first place huh?? Mr. knowitall
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>That must be why I am in first place huh?? Mr. knowitall >>

No, you're in first place because you joined a league for 6-8 year olds.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That must be why I am in first place huh?? Mr. knowitall >>

No, you're in first place because you joined a league for 6-8 year olds. >>

Is that right smart ass? Thanks for the clearification, we will all sleep better now.
    I changed my subject title too. Thanks Gumby, I am so glad there are still guys like you around to help us peons figure out the world.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm last place in my league, I really suck at fantasy baseball. I'm learning a lot though, I'll be more prepared next time I try this.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Just hire GumbyFan or Grote to do your draft, you can't miss if you do that!!
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm last place in my league, I really suck at fantasy baseball. I'm learning a lot though, I'll be more prepared next time I try this. >>

Look on the bright side, you are playing me this week. I'm 3rd from last currently. Should be a good matchup.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I love guys like whitesoxmike in fantasy leagues. They make it easier for the rest of us!! >>

That must be why I am in first place huh?? Mr. knowitall >>

link?
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Read?
  • Options
    gotta link to your fantasy prowess?
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>Just hire GumbyFan or Grote to do your draft, you can't miss if you do that!! >>

Ask some of the other members of this forum who are in a Fantasy Baseball league with me and they would likely tell you that you're right. However, unlike you, I realize that it's a long season and won't get too emotional one way or the other until later in the year...

Also, I think my previous post on this thread was inaccurate. whitesoxmike is probably the 6 - 8 year old that joined an adult league.
  • Options
    You are soooooooo close gumby. I am 10 and a half

Oh yeah...and Ortiz is still on my team...along with Lance Berkman, oh yeah and I also have Brandon Webb too. Man I really drafted poorly. Oh I forgot I also have Chipper Jones...yep I should really learn how to draft next year. Hey gumby...should I trade my closer I am not sure about him. His name is Francisco Rodriguez or something like that....also should I play Carlos Quentin??? Man I really need your help, can you please PM me next year so I can draft as good as you.
  • Options
    This thread is like my leagues message board! image

Please keep it going! image
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Thank You, Thank You....I will be here all night ladies and gents.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I have some decent bats, but I'm lax on my RP. Good SPs too. I may need to pay more attention to my relievers, I'm missing out every week because of a lack of save ops.

What say thee Fantasy Pros?
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    I say call 1-800-ASK-GUMB and he will make all your fantasy problems go away image
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I think you should change the title of the thread 8 or 9 more times.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion!!! Done
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    It might be time to re-evaluate your life and how you spend your time.
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>It might be time to re-evaluate your life and how you spend your time. >>

What he said...

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey