Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

OK, Jefferson Nickel People... Hey wake up over there!

To all the Jefferson Nickel people... I'm looking for coins that upgrade THIS SET!

I'd really like to find either or both of the coins I'm missing, a 61-D in MS65 and/or a 64-P in MS66 (I might even just buy a MS65 coin). BTW, it will probably end up at the #2 or #3 all-time (I ain't got the money to play with Compramas and he's uncatchable anyway.)

I'd like to get this thing done before the end of the year please. At that point, I'll be gone for a year living in the Middle East, for my final year in the Air Force before I retire.

Oh, and I finally got all of the coins in this set photographed, with my limited skills and a Dinolite.

Okay... focus... image)

Peace!

Steve
U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.

Comments

• Options
    TwincamTwincam Posts: 814 ✭✭
  • Options
    Nice photos!! I really enjoy looking at them. Thanks! Good luck with those 2 coins. They shouldn't be too hard. I've got several graded of each in those grades in the past. I had a 64-p back when it was pop 5 in ms66.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I could update your 94 sms, but at the moment I am happy holding it, as previous forum members have been told.

I will keep you in mind thoughimage

Thats a very impressive set you have built, you should be proudimage

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I could update your 94 sms, but at the moment I am happy holding it, as previous forum members have been told.

I will keep you in mind thoughimage

Thats a very impressive set you have built, you should be proudimage >>

I'm not looking for a 94 SMS 70... at $4.5K, it's out of my ballpark. Thanks for the compliment.

Steve

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice photos!! I really enjoy looking at them. Thanks! Good luck with those 2 coins. They shouldn't be too hard. I've got several graded of each in those grades in the past. I had a 64-p back when it was pop 5 in ms66. >>

One of the first Jeffs I ever submitted to PCGS was a '64-P that made MS66 when it was a pop 4. image

I have several Jeffs piling up that I want to submit, I'll have to check my stack against your set. Are you looking to upgrade any of the pre-1971 coins to FS at the expense of a grade point (i.e., MS66 to a 65FS) or are you content with the higher numerical grade?

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Sean,

Most of the early coins are pretty much set due to the cost factor of looking for FS coins. A few years ago, I probably would have been looking for full step examples only. Then, I realized I could hoard more if I bought quality examples, regardless of the designation. That's not to say if I can find a full step coin, in my ball park for a reasonable price, I'd probably pick up the coin.

Steve