Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I hope you're proud of yourselves!

FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
After looking at all of the commem. threads here, I couldn't help myself.
Since some of you are responsible for this, how about some info.on how to fund this new addiction. image

Now if I could only take pics.

Comments

• Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    My most sincere condolences regarding your new addiction...image to the club!image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Looks like a nice example with color an lustre. Congrat's! image

<< <i>Since some of you are responsible for this, how about some info.on how to fund this new addiction. >>

Don't know nothin about this. image
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Ain't the way it works. Once your hooked you are on your own.

May I be the first to wish you good luck! image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804

<< <i>After looking at all of the commem. threads here, I couldn't help myself.
    Since some of you are responsible for this, how about some info.on how to fund this new addiction. image

Now if I could only take pics. >>

Not you too! Coins of color. I too blame the members here as they post these awesome toner pictures and you look at them and it just takes your breath away. I could name names but I prefer to name colors! Rainbow. image
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856

I've been meaning to pick up one of those pilgrim commems myself. Love the ship on the reverse.
    aka Dan
  • Options
    Nice ship on that commem! Neat toning. You now need to acquire a fleet. image
  • Options
    Cool pickup, the commem threads are slowly wearing me down, too. I think it's just a matter of time now...
  • Options
    I've also been bitten by the early commemorative bugimage It sure doesn't help seeing these nice toners. I recently bought an 1893 Columbian and a Texas that are both nicely toned. Someday, hopefully I can learn how to take pictures of coins to share like some of the other posters.
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After looking at all of the commem. threads here, I couldn't help myself.
    Since some of you are responsible for this, how about some info.on how to fund this new addiction. image. >>

There's only one foolproof way, Flatwoods: Buy, hold it for a season while enjoying it, sell, and upgrade/add to your collection - buy, hold and enjoy, sell, and upgrade/ buy other ones. image

One word of caution though...it's usually a buyer's market for most early silver commems, so unless the coin is very PQ, it may not be easy to sell it whenever you happen to want to, or to recoup what you paid for it if that's what you intend on doing eventually.

I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file