Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Oh, just another year as an ATL Brave fan...

Great starting pitching, AWFUL bullpen. ::sigh::
Atlanta Braves, Charlotte Hornets, Shawn Kemp, Dale Murphy, and Bobby Engram.

Comments

• 5 runs in the bottom of the 9th and we're goin to EXTRA INNINGS!
  • I can't believe this game. Lets go Bucco's
  • Homerun Nady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • Wow. Bummer of a game, but it was a good one. The bullpen has GOT to be better than this for Atlanta.

• << <i>Wow. Bummer of a game >>

Not for us Pirate fans. We are in 1st place
  • Haha yep! Right now the Pirates and Nationals would both be in the playoffs. WOW. It's a lonnnnng season though! Hey, wasn't John Russell a player for the Braves back in the early 90's? Seems like I remember some cards of him.
  • becker-

post some on the braves season thread in the sports talk forum

oh, and our bullpen will be fine, dont forget we have mike gonzolez coming back later.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Francisco Cabrera ruined part of my youth. I actually think if I ever somehow came to meet him I might sock him in the head. That night was such an absolute horrible moment in Pirates History. Third year in a row to lose in the NLCS. One strike from the World Series. Knowing that when that season ended Bonds would be leaving for the big bucks and the team would be basically dead. And now what legacy has been built on top of those three years...........15 straight losing seasons and 16th on it's way. And to make matters worse both years the Braves beat the Pirates you couldn't even win the friggin' World Series just to make us feel a little bit better. Gawd I hate the Pirates and the Braves! My last memory.....YES MEMORY....of a winning Pirate team is Francisco FRIGGIN' Cabrera! I got a one legged dog that can run faster than Sid Bream. I did begin to love watching the Braves choke every year though, I had no choice, couldn't watch the Pirates choke so what else to do. So now I cheer for the Pirates.....to lose. I want 20 years of losing. Two decades! That would be an amzing accomplishment. No one could ever take that away from us.......maybe only the Braves. But hey, we do have a great stadium!!!!
    I feel better....see you in 16 more years.
  • That's what makes baseball so great. Your most horrifying moment is my personal all time favorite moment. I remember jumping up and down. Seeing the stunned look of Pirates fans in that bar was priceless.

I can still recall from memory every at bat from that last inning. My brother worked at CNN when that happened and was one of the reporters who streamed onto the field while Bream was still at the bottom of the pile. The network broadcast caught him interviewing Bobby Cox in the aftermath.

Since that date I've had a chance to meet both Sid Bream and Francisco Cabrera. Both are nice guys but Sid Bream is a truely class act. One of baseball's best people.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow. Bummer of a game >>

Not for us Pirate fans. We are in 1st place >>

Can't we end the season now? It's probably the last time we'll see the Bucs in first.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    No offense but I hate Sid Bream and Francisco Cabrera with unbridled passion.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Morgoth,i feel the same way about Bream and cabrera.They tore my heart out that night,filthy M@#$%%%&%rs!

Lou
    Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.
  • If nothing else, this thread has restored my faith that EVERY SINGLE MLB team has diehard fans. Kudos to you, Pirate fans, for putting up w/ losing for so long.
  • kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Could be worse - cold be a Giants fan...at least your team sccores some runs.

Joe
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only been a Braves fan since 1990 - overall - as a fan - I've enjoyed their overall success.

Let's hope for a good one this year!
    mike
    Mike
  • I personally really like Cabrera and Bream, I have a 91 Donruss of Cabrera that would more than likely grade out at a ten and I'm thinking about wasting five bucks on it just for sentimental reason. By the way, I personally despise both Herbk and Puckett.
    Collector of Dale Murphy
    Collector of OPC 1980-1985
  • Hrbek and Puckett are LEGENDS. Let's get that straight right now.

Always enjoyed watching Dale Murphy play too. Classy ballplayer.
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    As a member of the Braves nation, I can say I've always been a Puckett fan.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com