Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What did you bid on these coin: NY-P MS69 and Goodacre Sac MS69

Since Mitch already told everyone that I bid on the coin, I will post what I bid on the NY-P quarter and on the Goodacre Sac. Anyone else willing to admit publicly what they bid.

NY-P Quarter: I made an opening bid of $5000. I really thought Mitch was going to get back to the bidders to let them know their status in the closed auction. I was willing to go more. Like I said, that was my opening bid but it ended up being my only bid.

Goodacre Sac: I emailed Tad when he had the coin listed for $4700. He offered me a discount off that price and I turned down his generous offer. The coin then wnet up for auction on eBay. I have a snipe program and had a bid of $3500 programmed in to bid with 20 seconds to go. If you watched the auction, the bidding was already past that bid when the computer tried to make my bid.

So we do know that a bid of $5000 was not in the ballpark. Anyone else want to admit to higher bid that was not accepted. Maybe we can come close to finding out what the coin sold for.

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dennis: You crack me up!! image

Listen, I know you are a doctor, but what kind again??? Come join our "who are we" thread! imageimage Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest (Couldn't pony up for either), if I was to bid I'd be intimidated by the NY State quarter rules. Either I'd bid an amount that is embarrassingly low (and have Mitch privately scoft at me) or bid too much and win the coin I overpaid for (could have bought for less).

It's one reason I like 'Buy It Nows' on eBay. I know what it is and whether I want it at that price. Plain and simple.
    I like Mitch's approach to buying coins. He gives his best offer without a counter and that's it. No games. Just a fair, top offer. I wish I could buy all my coins that way.

peacockcoins