Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Never, ever buy a coin for more that $200 from a seller with a feedback of less that 50

I nice seller named kwong hui has been selling some higher priced coins under the name patrol1958

He sold coin in an ANACS holder with a fair picture but much worse than you would think in person so no need to worry. He offered a 7 day return policy and I am using paypal. Well because his feedback is a 35 (soon to be 34) Paypal will only cover $200. I paid $2000.

He got the coin on Sat. and has sent an email to wait and he will send a refund but instead cleared out his paypal account.

Buyers beware and if you see a feedbck of under 50 be careful!
I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>I nice seller named kwong hui has been selling some higher priced coins under the name patrol1958

He sold coin in an ANACS holder with a fair picture but much worse than you would think in person so no need to worry. He offered a 7 day return policy and I am using paypal. Well because his feedback is a 35 (soon to be 34) Paypal will only cover $200. I paid $2000.

He got the coin on Sat. and has sent an email to wait and he will send a refund but instead cleared out his paypal account.

Buyers beware and if you see a feedbck of under 50 be careful! >>

Using a credit card to fund your purchase would cover you for the remainder in such a circumstance.
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• Options

<< <i>kwong hui >>

That right there would bother me. Nothing against Asian sellers, but there's
    a flood of counterfeit crap coming from China right now. Of course, there
    are plenty of Americans who will screw you out of your money too.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always link your PayPal payments to a credit card to avoid these hassles.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if the OP DID happen to fund with a credit card, he should file a chargeback.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    seateddime you have theee worst luck.
    you should review any purchase above 250 with us here at the forum
    so we can remind you of what not to do!
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, if the OP DID happen to fund with a credit card, he should file a chargeback. >>

I too would file a chargeback in such an instance but doesn't paypal blacklist you for that? --Jerry
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    ouch... sorry.

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, if the OP DID happen to fund with a credit card, he should file a chargeback. >>

I too would file a chargeback in such an instance but doesn't paypal blacklist you for that? --Jerry >>

In one instance when Paypal was dragging their feet I had my cardissuer do a chargeback, no blacklisting resulted.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I too would file a chargeback in such an instance but doesn't paypal blacklist you for that? --Jerry >>

In one instance when Paypal was dragging their feet I had my cardissuer do a chargeback, no blacklisting resulted. >>

Good to know. I think Paypal ends up holding the bag when you do a chargeback and they used to have it in their terms and conditions that you agreed not to do this....not that anyone with a significant loss would heisitate anyway. --Jerry
  • Options
    Never buy on E-bay...
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>kwong hui >>

That right there would bother me. Nothing against Asian sellers, but there's
    a flood of counterfeit crap coming from China right now. Of course, there
    are plenty of Americans who will screw you out of your money too. >>

So why would it bother you? I checked patrol1958 and it appears that is he is from the United States. Do we now discriminate against foreigners who are in the U.S. too?

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not right paypal should pay up. That is why they get there cut do they think we just want to give them a pice of the pie and just say that's OK when this happen's that's BS. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    This is the exact reason I switched my Palpal funding from a debit card to a virtual account Citi card number. When you fund with a CC Paypal almost begs you not to. It's been months since I saw anything on eBay to bid on so no problems lately.
    USAF vet 1951-59

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file