Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fantasy Date and (Major) Variety Set of Bust Halves Poster

I really love the way this one turned out. What about you?

If you find another Bustie that you think is more appealing, just let me know.

See the supplement to this post here: Quarter Set

Dime Set:

Comments

• Options
    Gorgeous coins
    Trustworthy BST sellers: cucamongacoin
  • Options
    Great friggin coins, but if we are doing varieties, we need alot more coins, Bearded Goddess, 1817/4, 1824/various, 1824/1, Crushed lettered edge proofs, etc.
    Greg Cohen

Senior Numismatist

Legend Rare Coin Auctions
  • Options
    zap1111zap1111 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭
    Now this is a good time. Beautiful - it reaffirms why so many of us are attracted to the series. All of the die marriages and varieties are a lifelong pursuit, the minting process is intriguing, and the availability of most all dates are still somewhat within the grasp of the average collector (although not at the level of quality "fantasized" about here!). Best of all, the coin design is simply is gorgeous (and you're only showing the obverse). Thanks for this. It gives us something to dream about and drool over.
    zap
    zap1111
    102 capped bust half dollars - 100 die marriages
    BHNC #198
  • Options
    zap1111zap1111 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭
    Just back for a second look at the 1809. That's an incredible coin.
    zap1111
    102 capped bust half dollars - 100 die marriages
    BHNC #198
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Regarding the 1809. I picked out three coins that would look great for this poster.
    The first was a nice lightly blue-toned coin but a weak strike.
    The second was the present coin. I loved the unique yellow toning and super sharp strike; thus why I chose it.
    The other was another blue toned coin but darker than the first that would have just blended in with the rest of the coins and an average strike.

I thought the yellow would help to change up the color consistency.

Edited to add: The 1809 is one of my favorite in the set.
    I also like the 1810 (luster and strike), 1814/3 (I believe the Eliasberg coin), 1817 (great strike and toning), 1818 (toning and strike), 1818/7 (exceptional strike), 1820 (great color), 1824 (Emerald toning), 1827 (love the red), 1827/6 (great strike and luster) 1829/7 (PL surfaces), 1837 (canary yellow MS-67!), and 1839-O (great toning coloration).
  • Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, thanks a lot for just stealing pictures of my 1796 and 1797 and putting them in there. image

OK, April fools on that one. I won't be owning either a 1796 or 1797 any time soon unless my metal detector finds one for me. Loved seeing the coins put together as a set. Now what do you suppose the auction value on this set would be?
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work putting those together imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file