Home Sports Talk
Options

S.F. Giants

markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
Today's lineup is pitiful. Bengie Molina is batting cleanup! I have not kept up with them-do they have some people hurt?

D Roberts LF 3 0 1 0 0 0 .333
R Aurilia 1B 3 0 0 0 0 0 .000
R Winn RF 3 0 0 0 0 0 .000
B Molina C 3 0 1 0 0 0 .333
R Durham 2B 2 0 0 0 1 2 .000
A Rowand CF 3 0 2 0 0 0 .667
J Castillo 3B 2 0 0 0 0 0 .000
B Boc*** SS 1 0 0 0 1 0 .000
B Zito P 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
F Lewis PH 1 0 0 0 0 1 .000
M Valdez P 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
Totals 21 0 4 0 2 3

Comments

• Options
    Vizquel would normally be out there, but is hurt so that's why Boc%$# is playing. Boc$#^ went to college with my sister and we went to his games at Stetson University all the time so it's great to see him make it no matter how bad the team is.

Other than that, I think they just suck image
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Sadly, asside from the ageless wonder being on the DL, that's the Giants this year. Pathetic.

Zito got lit up in the first inning, as most predicted.

What sucks is that the Giants have massive potential in Cain and Lincicum, and those youngsters are going to get a load of 1-0 and 2-0 losses as well as no-decisions.

The Bonds cancer has been extracted and the SF Giants are laying in the hospital bed, weakend from surgery, sedated with meds, and starting on the road to recovery. Rehab's gonna be a pain.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

<< <i>

The Bonds cancer has been extracted and the SF Giants are laying in the hospital bed, weakend from surgery, sedated with meds, and starting on the road to recovery. Rehab's gonna be a pain. >>

Spot on. Good luck this year man, you all are gonna need it. It's not a good year to be black and orange (Orioles too).
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I've got low expectations for my team this year, so if they don't finish last in all of baseball, that'll be an achievement.

I'd venture to say that the development of Matt Cain and Tim Lincicum into dominating pitchers will be what keeps fans going to the park. As long as their confidence doesn't buckle under the constant 1-0 and 2-0 losses, you might see them both in the top 10 in the league for ERA, Strikeouts..... and Losses.

Last year, Cain was 10th in the league in ERA, 14th in K's, and 2nd in Losses. If he had any run support, he'd have finished the season 16-7, not 7-16.

On the bright side, I was impressed that the Giants bullpen only gave up 1 run in 3 innings today.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    I put their over/under at 110 losses.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    What impresses me the most about the S.F. Giants is how terrible a team $79 million can buy. It's true, they've got some impressive young pitchers, but beyond that it seems like they are paying about $75 million this year to field a AAA team. The Marlins are supposed to spend about $22 million this year and I bet they finish with more wins than the Giants.
  • Options

<< <i> What impresses me the most about the S.F. Giants is how terrible a team $79 million can buy. It's true, they've got some impressive young pitchers, but beyond that it seems like they are paying about $75 million this year to field a AAA team. The Marlins are supposed to spend about $22 million this year and I bet they finish with more wins than the Giants. >>

That's what happens when you give absurd contracts to players who do not fit into a rebuilding ball club. Zito, aurilla, durham, rowand, roberts, molina...these guys are not so bad when you have barry bonds and jeff kent in the middle of your lineup...but not dan ortmeir and rajah davis.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Not a bad start so far for Boc***. He's only hitting .250 but got his first RBI last night and has an OBP of .571 with 3 walks. Last night was a crazy finish, Delwyn Young went from root canal to game winner in one day!
  • Options
    he's really young and is a defensive wiz. if he could hit then the giants have their future SS.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Not trying to hijack here or anything, but here are some pictures I took of Boc*** back in 2006 during his Sophomore season at Stetson University (where my sister also went during this time period). This squad has a handful of guys that are scattered throughout the minors right now and it's one of the greatest unheard of programs in the nation for Division 1 baseball. They aren't doing very well this year and might have a losing record for the first time in 30+ years, but it's due to the fact that they're whole team is Freshman and Sophomores except for 2 Senior starters.

If you don't want these pics in here, you can simply ask and I'll take them down no problem. I just figured you guys might want to see them.

Up to bat

base hit

He's in between #2 and #11, giving high 5's after scoring a run. #2 in this picture is Shane Jordan who is also in the Giants system in Augusta while #4 is in the Astros system in Corpus Christi.