Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Dave & Adam's Card World

Have any of you box any wax boxes from these guys before? They've got some great stuff in stock, but I've never bought through them - I always use BBC. Any opinions from experience with these guys would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff
Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
Jeff

Comments

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bought from them a couple times - always stellar service.

Tabe
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Bought a bunch of 86 Topps FB racks and they were unsearched. Pulled a good amount of Rice's and Young's.
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    I agree with Tabe.

When I was cracking modern wax like crazy, DACW was one of my favorite sellers. The service was always great and I got my fair share of nice pulls from their boxes.

I would definitely recommend them without any hesitation.

Snorto~
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    Never a big problem, but one of the boxes of 86 OPC looked like someone had played Hockey with it.

I would not hesitate to buy from them again.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys! You all know how it is with unopened stuff - I've just been burned a few too many times. I really appreciate the responses!
    Jeff
  • I bought a box of Topps 206. No problems, great service.
  • I had one incident with them where they double shipped an item to me. When I called them to arrange shipping back for the extra items they told me to keep it.
  • They just bought some stuff from me two weeks ago and were more than helpful. I bought boxes from then years ago and never had a problem.
    "I put my pants on just like you... One leg at a time. The differences is when I put them on, I make gold records."
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Have purchased PSA cards from them on ebay with no problem. Was familiar with their name since they rank high in Google.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    They are great for new boxes. Be a little careful buying older boxes from them. They do buy from the secondary market on the older stuff. They are pretty good in catching most but since they deal in such high voulme I have heard of some people buying searched boxes from them.

• << <i>They are great for new boxes. Be a little careful buying older boxes from them. They do buy from the secondary market on the older stuff. They are pretty good in catching most but since they deal in such high voulme I have heard of some people buying searched boxes from them. >>

Where else are they going to get older stuff but to buy it from the secondary. Steve has in the past admitted to making mistakes and buying stuff that is searched. Alot of your vintage racks and cellos have been searched. I remember in the 80s there were lists that told you every card in the packs by looking at the visible cards.
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>They are great for new boxes. Be a little careful buying older boxes from them. They do buy from the secondary market on the older stuff. They are pretty good in catching most but since they deal in such high voulme I have heard of some people buying searched boxes from them. >>

Where else are they going to get older stuff but to buy it from the secondary. Steve has in the past admitted to making mistakes and buying stuff that is searched. Alot of your vintage racks and cellos have been searched. I remember in the 80s there were lists that told you every card in the packs by looking at the visible cards. >>

Obviously. The difference is they are not screening what comes in or who they are buying from as vigilantly for example as Steve may. I also know this to be a fact with D&A.
    Thanks again, for the feedback guys - much appreciated.
    Jeff
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Buy from Dave and Adam all the time. Very dependable and good prices.

Pittsburgh Sports Wholesale is also very dependable with good prices.

Can anyone recommend any others?
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    nothing but success from dave & that other guy.

they do have xmas sales and occasional sales and mark things down,
    unlike other dealers that will remain anonymous to protect the people not here to defend themselves.

j
    RIP GURU
  • cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    have dealt with adam numerous times both buying and selling. no problems.
  • msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    5 star sellers.....Pretty sure I got an e-mail the other day that they are having a big sale soon (if not this week next).

Sold more than I bought though....they paid more for some wax than others were offering.

• msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Buy from Dave and Adam all the time. Very dependable and good prices.

Pittsburgh Sports Wholesale is also very dependable with good prices.

Can anyone recommend any others? >>

I will also second Pittsburgh Sports Wholesale as being dependable quality sellers.
  • D & A are great. Fast service and great product.
    ----------------------------------------
    Currently working on:
    1955 Topps All-American
    George Brett Master Set
    2009 A&G's
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    For a few $$'s more, I would rather buy from Charm City.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Beezer12Beezer12 Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Got a 1980 OPC hockey box from them years ago, it was fine, good service. Got some 1975 Topps hockey 3 card packs from them last year that came back from PSA as resealed. 1/2 overall.
  • cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    pittsburgh wholesale and charm city are very solid as well. i have dealt on a wholesale level with all 3 mentioned thus far.
    Thanks again to everyone who chimed in regarding Adam & Dave's Cardworld. I pulled the trigger on a wax box that I had been wanting to buy for a while.
    Jeff
  • ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭
    What did you get???

Mike
    I collect 70's and 80's OPC and I bought a box of '77 OPC Baseball.
    Jeff
  • No comment!

Giovanni
    Please comment - that's what the boards are for.
    Jeff
  • jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I had nothing but good results from D&A, I believe they used to have a booth at a card show/flea market in Buffalo that I would go to every weekend.

Jeff, could you PM your address? I wanted to send you some cards and couldn't find it. Thanks

jim

• << <i>No comment!

Giovanni >>

Post count padder!!!!! image