Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Picture thief?

leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Comments

• Options
    Looks like the same coin to me. Have you informed the real owner?
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    You nailed it. It's the exact coin. Great eye! image
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Looks like someone should contact the owner with a link to the photo. In this case I think e-bay will only do something if the owner reports it.
  • Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    he does say they are stock photos.and not the coin auctioned... just not his stock..
    I do agree original owner should be notified, not likely but maybe he has permission to use it..
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Options
    With all the techies working at ebay, you would think they could write some sort of code that would disable the ability to right-click and save someone else's images.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like the same coin to me. Have you informed the real owner? >>

Yes

• Options

<< <i>You nailed it. It's the exact coin. Great eye! image >>

I've been watching that coin for like a month now.

• Options

<< <i>he does say they are stock photos.and not the coin auctioned... just not his stock..
    I do agree original owner should be notified, not likely but maybe he has permission to use it.. >>

One's in Missouri, the other in Nebraska. I've had the same thing happen with my pics.

Leo

• Options

<< <i>With all the techies working at ebay, you would think they could write some sort of code that would disable the ability to right-click and save someone else's images. >>

You would think. Auctiva hosting pictures has a block set up which prevents me from brightening up coins that I might buy.

Leo

• Options
    I was also thinking the real owner posts here???

Leo

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>With all the techies working at ebay, you would think they could write some sort of code that would disable the ability to right-click and save someone else's images. >>

You would think. Auctiva hosting pictures has a block set up which prevents me from brightening up coins that I might buy.

Leo >>

That "block" is so hard to work around.....takes me 5-10 seconds to get around it image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Leo >>

That "block" is so hard to work around.....takes me 5-10 seconds to get around it image >>

Yeah it only seems to thwart the people who would not misuse the image. image
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    The suspect coin picture has changed... and the real owner is looking for moon money. In my humble opinion, if you double or triple average prices for a similar coin looking for the naive, does that make a potential seller any less of a shark? A seller might have a buyer out there if they droped the price and got a better picture.

Hope it helps!

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    The "real owner" has now "lost or broken" the coin!imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>The suspect coin picture has changed... and the real owner is looking for moon money. In my humble opinion, if you double or triple average prices for a similar coin looking for the naive, does that make a potential seller any less of a shark? A seller might have a buyer out there if they droped the price and got a better picture.

Hope it helps!

Steve >>

While I have no proof, I suspect the suspect has taken yet another photo from someone else. It looks more generic though and he will probably not have any issues.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.

Becky
  • Options

<< <i>The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.

image >>

Wow that was fast. Guess too many people sent him message.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file