Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Bosox is this it..........?????? No "H" 1876 Canadian One Cent

I finally found it, I had forgotten that i had soaked it in Olive oil, as a matter of fact, Boiled it in the stuff......I don't see any sign's of the Heaton Mintmark...... I'm relying on your expertise here....... I admit it's not in the best condition but it was a Dug coin, Took me forever to find it in the safe. Are there any other key's i need to look for?

imageimage
" I just checked in , Just to see what condition, My condition was in." Kenny Rogers and the 1st. Edition......

Comments

• bosoxbosox Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I don't think so. Your coin has the same date spacing as the business strike 1876-H cents. The date spacing and numerals on the pattern are slightly different. Also, in your photo it looks like traces of an H mintmark remain below the date, like it either wore off or someone tried to remove it.
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • I wish i could get my QX5 to work........... It doesn't look tampered with, But you would know more about the diagnostic's than i do.... Think i am going to have a beer and cry............... Thank's again.........I don't suppose you could post your coin for comparison?

Thank's again, ozzysdad47/Brad....image
    " I just checked in , Just to see what condition, My condition was in." Kenny Rogers and the 1st. Edition......