Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is anyone going to the EAC Convention, and going on the "Behind the Scenes Tour" at Herita

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
I got the latest issue of Penny Wise, and there were a bunch of advertisements for the upcoming EAC Convention in Dallas. Unfortunately, it does not look like I will be able to attend, after having spent an amount equivalent to the GDP of a small nation on Mrs. L.'s birthday present.

I was thrown into a frenzy when I read that there is a special trip planned during the convention-- a behind the scenes tour of the center of the numismatic universe, Heritage, personally given by Todd Imhof and Greg Rohan. This sounds really, really cool. It would be really interesting to see the thousand upon thousands of employees working on consignments, writing catalogs, and cornering the numismatic auction market. I also remember reading that Heritage has their own printing facility, which would be really cool to see. Does anyone know if anyone EAC attendee will be taking pictures or providing a report of the tour? I have never been to the Heritage HQ, but I imagine that the digs must be palatial.
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess at some level that would be interesting, though I suspect anyone who attends will have to endure a few "commercials".
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    The vaulted ceilings with scenes from ancient myth are magnificent. There’s also the fresh seafood bar in the working area. Of course the aged Texas beef in the complimentary restaurant is tender and flavorful. After a day of cataloging rare coins, paintings, antiques and other items, the company pool and spa are open to all as is the coctail and wine bar. These, of course, are the amenities for the clerical and lower cataloging minions. The executive level facilities are more sophisticated.
  • OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be at the show all weekend but I doubt that I will take the Heritage tour. I will probably be frustrated enough just seeing all the great copper that I can't afford without seeing all the goodies at Heritage.
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • fcfc Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The vaulted ceilings with scenes from ancient myth are magnificent. There’s also the fresh seafood bar in the working area. Of course the aged Texas beef in the complimentary restaurant is tender and flavorful. After a day of cataloging rare coins, paintings, antiques and other items, the company pool and spa are open to all as is the coctail and wine bar. These, of course, are the amenities for the clerical and lower cataloging minions. The executive level facilities are more sophisticated. >>

i love it when red white blue writes like that!

the reality will probably be a cube farm and a water cooler. ;-)
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The vaulted ceilings with scenes from ancient myth are magnificent. There’s also the fresh seafood bar in the working area. Of course the aged Texas beef in the complimentary restaurant is tender and flavorful. After a day of cataloging rare coins, paintings, antiques and other items, the company pool and spa are open to all as is the coctail and wine bar. These, of course, are the amenities for the clerical and lower cataloging minions. The executive level facilities are more sophisticated. >>

i love it when red white blue writes like that!

the reality will probably be a cube farm and a water cooler. ;-) >>

I was thinking that April Fools was tomorrow, not today image
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I think that any tour of Heritage would be a wonderful experience for most people.
  • thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would that thou wouldst fain renumerate the top echelon accoutrements for us. image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • I've been on a tour and its really something, although I never saw the spa or executive cafeteria! Some of the common areas and executive offices were very professional and elegant looking but the other 90% of the buildout and furniture is quite modest and clearly designed for productivity. One of the coolest things I noticed was all the people I met, no matter what division they worked in, have a passion for what they do and they all seem to work their tails off.

Jay

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file