Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

numismatic related joke heard in church this morning.....

My pastor was doing a sermon on Jesus preparing a place for us, and wanted to relay a joke that I found funny.

A very wealthy and kind man passed away at a ripe old age. He was an avid collector of rare gold coins from around the world, and he had one of the finer collections ever assembled. Upon arriving at the pearly gates, he was stopped and asked why he was carrying a suitcase. He simply explained that it was a deal worked out with the almighty, and he was allowed his one suitcase of belongings. The guard looked at him quizically, and muttered "um, i'm gonna' have to call this one in. (calling) Lord, we have Mr. Jones here with a suitcase that he, uh....okay, I understand." After hanging up in disbelief, the guard said to the man. "well, it looks like you do in fact have a prior arrangement! But....before you go in, do you mind what i ask what was so important that it couldn't stay behind?" The man smiled and seemed to look proud to show his new friends. After opening the suitcase, and standing back to allow them to take it all in, they started to laugh out loud. "pavement?! why would break your back lugging that up here!?"

Comments

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Cute... it took me a second, but cute...
  • Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Good one, thats only the second coin related joke I've ever heard - here's the first...

An old-timer pushing 100 shuffles into a bar and bellies up.
    The barkeep raising an eyebrow asks "What'll it be Grandpa?"
    "I want a pint of 1916 beer."
    "You want a what?"
    "A pint of 1916 beer."
    "Sorry Gramps, We're fresh out'a 1916, you want something else? Something a little more current perhaps?"
    "No, I want a pint 1916 beer."
    "Listen Mac, how about a nice cold Budweiser?"
    To this the old fella tilts his head and asks "Are you hard'a-hearin?"
    "I WANT A PINT OF 1916 BEER!"
    Now a couple of regulares chime in (with a wink and a nod) - "Go on Joey - pour the old fella a 1916 for crying-out-loud!"
    Joey seeing the answer to his dilemma, pours the old-timer a frosty pint of Miller, places it in front of the gent with a smile saying, "Here's your pint of 1916 beer Pops"
    "Thanks Sonny, here's a nickel for your troubles, keep the change."
    "Keep the what?"
    "The change" he repeats with a lilt and a grin.
    "A pint in 1916 only cost 3 cents."
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    imageTook me a while too but funny none the lessimage

First time I hear a coin related joke. Thank you for sharing Doogy and Joe!

~