Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Best 1892 Columbian design,IMHO, thats the big and small of it

DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
Struck for the Columbian World's Fair by Stefano Johnson medallic firm in Milan,
Engraved by Angelo Cappuccio and designed by Luigi Pogliaghi.
102mm. Plain edge. Rulau-B10a. 50 mm. not listed in Rulau.

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC

Comments

• Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Those are gorgeous pieces - congrats!
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Wow
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow >>

Me too.....image
    Becky
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    I recently got one of the larger versions in antiqued white metal. Mine is nowhere near as nice as yours. However, I can make a really nice holder for it.
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    Truly stunning. Makes me pause and question collecting what I am collecting.
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    Those are great pieces DUI. You didn't get those at S. Padre last week - did you? image The photographs are quite good. Practice gets 'er done, and you have some things that would make practicing picture taking a real treat!
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Very cool pieces. The detail is amazing!

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Those are great pieces DUI. You didn't get those at S. Padre last week - did you? image The photographs are quite good. Practice gets 'er done, and you have some things that would make practicing picture taking a real treat! >>

Awesome pic. Is that landscape in Texas? image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    Yes. That was taken at Caprock Canyons State Park in the panhandle. I got out there before sunrise. This shot was taken maybe 15 or 20 minutes after sun-up.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file